Discuss Face Plates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grease tends to get into the tubes of any socket outlet in kitchens, especially when nothing is plugged into an outlet for a while. The real advantage of metalclad accessories is the mechanical protection offered. Never seen a cracked metal socket outlet!

Grease tends to get into the tubes of any socket outlet in kitchens, especially when nothing is plugged into an outlet for a while. The real advantage of metalclad accessories is the mechanical protection offered. Never seen a cracked metal socket outlet!

never seen a cracked insert on a metalclad?

and socket outlets to BS1363?

I think it depends on what kind of "kitchen" it is - are they going to be cooking full meals from scratch, or pouring out cups of orange squash?

then it needs designing......with finals capable of handling the expected demand....and accessories to suit...(this of course takes into account origin of supply for said finals....and the cable/protection for feeder to origin of finals)

then it needs designing......with finals capable of handling the expected demand....and accessories to suit...(this of course takes into account origin of supply for said finals....and the cable/protection for feeder to origin of finals)

That's not really the question being asked though is it. Daz

That's not really the question being asked though is it. Daz
No, the question was whether it'd be better to install metal faceplates than plastic in a "working kitchen (football club)".
Later on concerns about steam and grease were cited.

The simple answer is 'it depends', but that on it's own isn't very useful; to give a definitive answer we need to know what it depends on.
Since little information has been offered, it seems we need to ask before telling him everything needs to be stainless steel when it might turn out to be a room with a Burco and a catering sized tin of Nescafe in it, or that the costs can be kept down by using plastic only for a whoop of teenage chefs to smash them to pieces on the first night.

No, the question was whether it'd be better to install metal faceplates than plastic in a "working kitchen (football club)".
Later on concerns about steam and grease were cited.

The simple answer is 'it depends', but that on it's own isn't very useful; to give a definitive answer we need to know what it depends on.
Since little information has been offered, it seems we need to ask before telling him everything needs to be stainless steel when it might turn out to be a room with a Burco and a catering sized tin of Nescafe in it, or that the costs can be kept down by using plastic only for a whoop of teenage chefs to smash them to pieces on the first night.

again..

i site `suitable for external influences`

Blimey.....If it is for footballers, maybe it would be better to have PIR sensors fitted to do the job for them? On/Off might be a bit of a challenge for some of them. Failing that just plastic faceplates with "ON" and "OFF" might be OK?

Reply to Face Plates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net