Discuss failed compex refresher unit - help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

thomson_adam

Compex Ex01 - 04 refresher notes

Hello guys
I've got my compex refresher this week and was wonder if anyone has any notes or advice for me ?

ive been reading the toolbox book for a few days and I feel quite confident on that but i know things can change on the day in test conditions

Re: Compex Ex01 - 04 refresher notes

If I remember correctly most guys who previously did the refresher opted for the full course. They said the refresher is tougher, so all the best. I remember the tutor said that in the refresher you have to do installations exactly to the required minimum standard. So no adding additional ip washers etc. In the normal course you can go above the minimum standards.

All the help I can offer.

That's what I was told as well. I opted to do the full course again next month.

We're about are you taking the course.
I completed the full coarse in November and got my certificate through just recently. The guys from my company that did the refresher said it was equally hard but you only had to do 10 theory questions at the end so there was more emphasis on the practical exams.

Hello guys
Ive just found out I failed my compex refresher on Ex04 maintenance questions ... I believe this is the IS section.

i was just wondering if anyone has any test examples to practice or any advice ?

There's a few compex experts on here, so very soon you'll be flooded with help.
If not, ive done the exam so I'll come back and help.

We're about are you taking the course.
I completed the full coarse in November and got my certificate through just recently. The guys from my company that did the refresher said it was equally hard but you only had to do 10 theory questions at the end so there was more emphasis on the practical exams.

Sorry guys just seen this ...I did it at TTE and failed one of the Units. Why does everyone say know it's an awful place to go lol ?

I haven't taken the refresher course as I don't work in hazardous areas anymore, but it's the questions that stumped you, you know whats involved. Are you presently working in hazardous areas with intrinsic safety equipment?

The resident compex forum experts will be along soon no doubt
*whistles in anticipation*

Did mine at NETA billingham there were a few lads on it doing the full course to dodge the refresher and most of them struggled with the EPL's as they were used to the zones and couldn't get their heads round it. Most of them said not to do the refresher when the time comes as it's stricter than the full course

which unit did you fail?

I failed the IS maintenance questions mate ... TTE don't really help much but I guess that way they dont pass any idiots

I've merged two threads to prevent confusion.

The refresher is different from the full course ... I failed on the maintenance questions where they give you a scenario of an instriment loop and you have to explain how you would work through the fault

Do you do much fault finding or are you mainly install mate?i've not done a refresher course myself yet so I have no experience of the questions but if they are as badly worded as the full course ones I can only imagine.

end of the day fault findings pretty much the same wherever it is. The only differences you'd have on an I.S circuit is to remember not to bridge the mains side and the I.S side of you barrier/galvanic isolator when it's in the circuit and most checks you'd carry out on them you'd safely isolate the mains side of the circuit, remove the barrier and carry out tests on it on a 'test bench'

any chance of putting the question up if you can remember it?

Reply to failed compex refresher unit - help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock