Discuss Fake JIB Cards and City & Guilds Qualifications in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

The problem comes if they are cloned cards. Real person, real qualifications, just not belonging to the bloke in front of you. All the details check out, and because the photo is correct no reason to doubt.

The problem comes if they are cloned cards. Real person, real qualifications, just not belonging to the bloke in front of you. All the details check out, and because the photo is correct no reason to doubt.
Until you check those details against his driving licence or passport.

Perhaps if employers asked proper questions along the lines of 2391 at interview such as the importance of taking zs readings and why we do so plus rule of thumb etc it would catch em out. I meen anybody undertaking isp and test should know this stuff....

I've mentioned this in a previous thread, I wrote my own 'pre-employment assessment' that we use for agency guys or even subbies that we need for short term work, it's been brilliant with one guy scoring 6 out of 25 when applying for a periodic inspection role!!

It's a great method of filtering, they're practical questions to ensure correct completion of the schedule of inspections-the most abused document ever!

I included things like disconnection times, IR test voltages, a couple on RCD testing-the emphasis always was the practical on-site side of things rather than the City & Guilds textbook stuff.

We don't have much call for drawing earth fault return paths on our periodics!

It's a great method of filtering, they're practical questions to ensure correct completion of the schedule of inspections-the most abused document ever!

I included things like disconnection times, IR test voltages, a couple on RCD testing-the emphasis always was the practical on-site side of things rather than the City & Guilds textbook stuff.

We don't have much call for drawing earth fault return paths on our periodics!

So bringing my BROWN/BLUE/GREEN multi pen to the interview was a mistake then??

You go into a property/site etc and 1 look tels you what type of earthing is being employed etc so anyone who can`t get there head around that one shouldn`t be inspecting...simple.

You would seriously be amazed, I tested 3 police offices last week, previously done by a large national outfit, the earth system type was incorrect on each one and the rest of the results were absolute fabrication.

The installation and supply hadn't changed yet if I measured an r1 on a ring final at say 0.49 Ohms, they would have it entered at 0.17 Ohms and this sort of anomoly went right through the reports.

This is what we see week in, week out, it's so rare to find a decent periodic.

That's why I get a little tetchy when I see posts on the forum saying:

"I'm doing a periodic and the boiler isn't cross-bonded"

"There's 3 cables in an MCB"

"why is my Zs much lower than Ze + (R1+R2)?"

"I've found an exported earth on PME"

These are not questions that a competent inspector should be asking ON a periodic and I just know that it's exactly that type of person that produces the stuff that we come across 5 years later!

Last edited:
Just coppying values from old schedule of tests IQ. Apparenty it went on a lot with "contractors" rewireing council stock at one time....maybe it still does? There was a guy on here a while backinvolved in doing this type of work saying they were expected to inspect and test 4 YES THATS 4 houses per day and the "inspector and tester" was a 17 year old just coppying values down.......scandelous!

I remember seeing the post and another one that was testing bookies shops, his colleague apparently 'tested' a few shops but the client hadn't handed the keys over so no access had been granted!!!

I always thought when getting a job its not what you know but who you know. Or the interviewer wants to know how you will fit into the existing team.

I always thought when getting a job its not what you know but who you know. Or the interviewer wants to know how you will fit into the existing team.

There's a bit more to my selection process than "who do you know"

Anyone using that criteria as interview questions for selecting competent persons won't be lasting long in this business.

Reply to Fake JIB Cards and City & Guilds Qualifications in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net