Discuss Fan oven tripping circuit switch in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mandy

-
Reaction score
I have a NEFF fan oven about 10 years old, previously working without problems. Now when I turn the oven above 150 degrees it trips the fuse. Is this a fault of the oven or the mains wiring? Grateful for any advice, thanks.

I have a NEFF fan oven about 10 years old, previously working without problems. Now when I turn the oven above 150 degrees it trips the fuse. Is this a fault of the oven or the mains wiring? Grateful for any advice, thanks.
When you say its "tripping the fuse" do you mean the individual circuit breaker, or the RCD if there is one, if you are not sure what I am getting at, when "the fuse trips" do you lose all your electricity, or just the particular circuit controlling your oven? really need you to clarify before I can give an informed guess as to what the problem is.

what he said ^^^^^. need to know what trips. a pic would help.

edit: could well be a non-RCD protected circuit, in which case i suspect the oven element is breaking down when hot.

When you say its "tripping the fuse" do you mean the individual circuit breaker, or the RCD if there is one, if you are not sure what I am getting at, when "the fuse trips" do you lose all your electricity, or just the particular circuit controlling your oven? really need you to clarify before I can give an informed guess as to what the problem is.
I had half the house rewired a couple of years but the kitchen is not yet done because I will knocking walls down and putting in new appliances. There's a new fuse box. The oven has 2 switches, one to turn the fan on, one for the temperature. Just putting the fan on is fine, it's the temperature one that trips the RCD switch on the far right, which is also Fan oven tripping circuit switch IMG_4139.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
connected to the upstairs wall sockets.

Hi Mandy,

Unfortunately it could be a wiring fault which only manifests under the load of the oven heating elements, but it could equally be a faulty heating element.

Where abouts are you? Could be someone here is local to you and could pop round and take a look.

The oven doesn't get hot, it happens as soon as I turn the temperature switch
Mandy it looks like from your description of what is happening that the fault lies within the heating element, if you don't have anyone who could help then as SC said let us know your location, you never know, some knight in shining armour may arrive at your door in his van charger to help.

i try to be. sometimes i fall flat, like once i asked a guy in the pub who was a bit loud at closing time. i said " ain't you got as home to go to?" and he replied " i had, but now i'm homeless due to divorce".

Thanks everyone, I'm glad it's an oven problem rather than dodgy wiring.
replaced more oven elements than i've had hot dinners. postyour loc. and see if someone is close to you.

After having issue with my oven I found this thread via google and wanted to ask about issue with my oven.

The oven hasn't been heating on fan setting. This evening has been tripping the RCD protected circuits and not the cooker RCD.

I thought it may be faulty heater element but is now tripping the RCD on a variety of settings - at one point tripped it again when I touched the clock button on it.

Oven is AEG Electrolux Competence model u7101-5-M.

Didn't want to go to rush to replace the main heating element if that won't cure the issue.

Nice one. Thanks for letting us know.

Reply to Fan oven tripping circuit switch in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock