Discuss Favourite Battery Drill Manufacturer? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

KennyKen

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hey Folks just wondered what the go was with battery drill manufacturers. What's the "in" drill at the moment. I've personally changed from makita to Milwaukee and Hilti.... is there brands the mainstream haven't heard of that could be a potential competitor?

I'm sticking with Bosch 10.8v and 18v - I want a 36v SDS but the wife prefers to eat!

I like my Dewalt stuff. Good gear and not a bad price. Plus I like the bright yellow colour, easier to spot if you put em down somewhere and can't remember.

Jay

First choice,is Hilti,but failing that,a nice ally 1800W Wolf side handle,with one speed,one direction,and one minute for the thing to stop wrapping you and the lead,round itself...so we can bob to A&E :(

Personally I'm with bosch for my combi/impact. Nice little starter kit but a bit weak and only 1.5Ah batteries however was half price because of a broken charger(internal glass fuse 10p, soldering iron £10) so £100 and does what I need and going strong for at least a year.

I would like a milwaukee but don't earn enough for that.

Got a little 22v hilti for 5.5 drilling. Again cheap, a little weak but a solid bit of kit. Does well just for fixing and very light for ladder work so I'm happy.

It may not come as a surprise but nearly all the big brand name power tools use the same motors and batteries inside.. they buy them from OEM manufacturers such as toshiba or samsung and then put their own plastic cases over them and charge more with every reincarnation.
If you want a good make to try at a very affordable price, have a look at http://www.cel-uk.com/
They have very very good customer service and will even let you pop in to the warehouse to try before you buy...

You can currently buy a cordless SDS plus drill with battery and fast charger for £56 all in. that is very very good pricing and the quality is pretty good too, dont be put off by the 14.4v either, its all to do with gearing and torque apparently that determines the true power output. I have been using there tools the last year or so doing building work before coming back to electrics. I can't fault them, they last longer than dewalt and seem just as if not more powerful.
I agree you're paying for the name.
For that price you can't complain even if it lasts a year that's just over £1 a week!

I agree you're paying for the name.
For that price you can't complain even if it lasts a year that's just over £1 a week!
Exactly, why spend money where you don't need to. It is not just drills they do. they also do impact driver, saws, multi tools etc, the batteries are pretty good too. i bought a package of tools and for the same amount of tools from the big brands i would have paid around £600+ more.

Exactly, why spend money where you don't need to. It is not just drills they do. they also do impact driver, saws, multi tools etc, the batteries are pretty good too. i bought a package of tools and for the same amount of tools from the big brands i would have paid around £600+ more.
Yeah had a quick gander. The power handle is pretty cool. Make the case into a drill press, table saw and scroll saw. Nice idea, I wouldn't get the use out of it but innovative none the less

Dewalt here too, was between them or Milwaukee, in comparison tests there was very little difference between the 2, but the lighter weight Dewalt won.

Easier working overhead with, or using up ladders.

My SDS is a Bosch, and my impact and general drill are DeWalt. I did get fed up with the DeWalt not having enough torque for drilling decent wood beams with an auger, and the Bocsh clutch keep slipping, so have since purchased a Milwaukee M18 Fuel and it is superb rated at 135Nm against the DeWalts 60-70 Nm.
I would like Hilti but am not that flush, but would thoroughly recommend the Milwakee.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Hitachi. My cordless gets some abuse and it is still going strong.

Reply to Favourite Battery Drill Manufacturer? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock