Discuss Feel a bit shafted by my college in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi firstly thanks for reading. I'm currently studying 2365/2 I just passed the first year with distinction. When I started this route my college was offering 2365/3 at £1100 (same as level 2), now I know I still have a year until I'm eligible however the college have just increased their fee for 2365/3 to £2500. I know it's still cheaper than some but the increase has pi**ed me off. I'm doing the course with the understanding that once I'm done (2 and 3), regs, and inspection and testing il be able to sign up as a domestic installer. My focus is only domestic so I have no need to study further. My question is do I just swallow the increase. Or do I look at alternative courses such as Domestic Electrical New Entrants Package 2 - https://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-courses/domestic-electrician-course/

Thanks for any insight you'll can offer.

Craig

personally, i'd stick with the 2365 as should you decide to progress into the industrial side ( highly recommended as a career as opposed to house bashing), then you have the basics to go on to nvq3 and become a proper electrician, not just a domestic installer.

Reply to Feel a bit shafted by my college in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Can someone help point me in the right direction of where I turn to get a refund from college?. Hi, this is not about an electrical course...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Level 2 and level 3 2365 question
Firstly, I’m sorry if this has been asked before - it’s just that with a thorough search I can’t find the answer anywhere. I’m looking at options...
Replies
Views
hello , Just a note to see if anyone been in the same sort of journey as me? I wanted to retrain as an electrician at 40 and on bad advice did a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock