Discuss Fike Twinflex call point question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Fike Twinflex system with a 402-0006 manual callpoint as the first item in the chain, followed by 8 sensors then another manual callpoint 402-0006 at the end of the chain. The callpoint at the end of the chain is set to eol end of line and its red light flashes as i would expect. But, the red light on the callpoint at the start of the chain will only flash if i set that also to eol end of line. I would have thought that it should not be set to eol as it is the first thing in the chain, but if i dont set the eol switch to on the red light does not flash.
Any ideas?

If the call point or detector is end eol, the led will flash every 5 seconds, if in circuit it will flash every 20 seconds. Any fault will flash every second.

Hi. The call point at the end with eol switched on flashes every 5 seconds so ok. The 8 sensors before it flash every 20 sec so ok. But the call point at the start of the chain will only flash every 5 seconds if the eol is switched on. But am i correct in thinking the eol on the call point at the start of the chain should be switched off? Does the light on the call point at the start of the chain flash every 20 seconds when working correct? Maybe i did not wait long enough when checking the light on the first call point.

only the last device must have the eol switch on, setup switches correctly, the press hard reset button on pcb, this will force the panel to check devices.

and if tazz is wrong on this, i'll expect the end of the world tomorrow. :behead:

Reply to Fike Twinflex call point question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock