Discuss Fire damage after loft insulation installed in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daniel mead

Hi all, went to quote up a rewire on lighting circuit in a bungalow today. It turns out that they had new insulation laid just over 2 weeks ago. The insulators had left room around the light fittings (recessed 12v 50w halogens) but they totally covered up the transformers. After a quick look around its very clear that the fire originated from these transformers. I informed the client and they are trying to get compensation from them. Has anyone seen a similar thing and if so did you have any luck with getting them to cough up the money?. I seriously doubt they will own up to it so lots of pictures were taken.

www.meadelectricalservices.co.uk

Tell them to claim on their house insurance mate and tell them the cause.
They(the insurers) can then chase the culprits for their money back.
Saves a lot of hassle and effort.

Agreed. Its called subrogation.
Had a call about renewingsome GU10's ecently in a kitchen. They'd bably burnt several of the joists becasue they were so close. Owner didnt want them moving. Has bought replacements - B&Q budget lights. Refused to do the job.

Reply to Fire damage after loft insulation installed in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, Sorry for all the questions. With he help of a friend, I recently installed some insulation into my mother's loft. Whilst adding...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Dear all - I am looking to install some LED strip lighting (it will be wall-mounted near the ceiling, behind some uplight coving). The plan is to...
Replies
Views
T
So three days and half a K later am I wiser? Not having anything to compare it to it is hard to benchmark. However the tutor was good knows his...
Replies
Views
Hi people, just wondering the best way to install these 12v transformers, are there any regs requiring a fire hood or cover over them as I can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock