Discuss Fire protection for cable tray installation in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Teej

Just finishing an install of some cable tray which has been installed inverted on a ceiling.

Q1 is it ok (is it up to regs) to install tray upside down?

Q2 assuming it is, latest regs advise for fire safety all cables across walkways etc need to be securely fastened to the tray so none of the cables can come down to allow safe exit from the building and entry for fire fighters. As all my cables are tied on with plastic cable ties this doesn't seem up to itch or scratch. Is there a manufacturer that produces metal bands I can put around the whole tray every couple of meters or so? I have found online some fire protection wrap for oil and chemical industries etc but this seems overkill for my purpose!

Cheers all

Teej

or lid the tray. as it's upside down, you'll need to use some fixings.

Reply to Fire protection for cable tray installation in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I have a client who is developing a plot of land for a single house. Currently, their 100 amp service cut-out is in a cubicle fed by...
Replies
Views
HI I am thinking of using steel cable tray or or basket with a cover for a vertical in a domestic garage to the consumer unit. I am looking at...
Replies
Views
I use a lot of cable tray with what i do (building posh trailers), at the moment i tend to use the workshop Band-Saw. However this is bit of a...
Replies
Views
Any thoughts on these guys (Envirograf). Fire rated linings for sealing cable entries to metal consumer units - Envirograf -...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
I’m working on a commercial construction site and I’ve been requested by he client to install metal cable ties to all inverted tray runs for my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock