Discuss fire systems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Thewiz

hi all,

just wondering as it's quite confusing as to what fore system (grade) are required for each property.

now .... we know that in domestic properties they require grade D in the hall ways and landing, all interlinked with battery back up.

now what about in a house turned in to two flats does this require a automatic alarm with a panel and detectors in the communal part and in the flat hall way.

hmo requires a full grade a system..... does anyone have a document that shows what to put and where???

I know it's dirrernt and many require risk assessments but there must be a general guide line.

Cheers

Hi
IT depends what insurance company require. I had the same problem. We called for fire assessment and I think is the best way.Accessor told me what I need to do and problem solved.
If you want any fire alarm guide just let me know.

Take a look in the resources part of the forum and you'll find that Sintra downloaded a guide to Fire systems that might be of help. All the best.

hi all,

just wondering as it's quite confusing as to what fore system (grade) are required for each property.

now .... we know that in domestic properties they require grade D in the hall ways and landing, all interlinked with battery back up.

now what about in a house turned in to two flats does this require a automatic alarm with a panel and detectors in the communal part and in the flat hall way.

hmo requires a full grade a system..... does anyone have a document that shows what to put and where???

I know it's dirrernt and many require risk assessments but there must be a general guide line.

Cheers
Many manufactures will assess and design for you.

When applying for a HMO licence the requirements and assessment will be supply by the local council.
Never start a HMO job without this application.

Reply to fire systems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net