Discuss FITS review - stand alone systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just been scanning through my early morning reading material and came across an article in Roofing Today about the FITs review. In this article, it claims that Stand Alone Systems will only receive 9p per kWh after August 2011.

Surely this is incorrect as I've not heard anything about this before.

Maybe they have only mentioned half the information , i have heard talk of that price but only on above 50kW .
If any one knows different it would be good to know ?

Consultation | FI Tariffs

This website has it that standalone FITs rate will be 8.5p per kWh.

When you consider that export would be 3.1p, that amounts to 11.6p per kWh - On average, somewhat less than electricity suppliers are currently charging their customers.

Where on Earth they get their figure of 8.5p from is beyond me.

That's to generate, the consumer will buy at anywhere from 9p to 13p + however for the leccy companies to sell at that they buy lower.

If those rates do come in, what they are effectivelly doing is just treating it like any other form of generation - maybe the ROC's route may be better.

Looks like they want to kill of large scale solar, except as part of the generating companies RO (Renewable Obligations) requirements.

Reply to FITS review - stand alone systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

T
DECC today announced the terms of the review of Feed in Tariffs for larger scale photovoltaic systems – those over 50kW. They propose that the...
Replies
Views
eldsecny
E
F
FIT payments - A cut too soon, a cut too Deep and consequences thereof: Why a cut to FIT tariffs is necessary: It is necessary because the FIT...
Replies
Views
babba
B
F
thought I'd copy this here Hopefully you will have seen the briefing document that we issued earlier this week and we will be following this up...
Replies
Views
flamefix
F
J
View From The Site - The Old Breed I received an email this week asking if I can post this article up on here. A view from the site. Written by...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock