Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Flate plate accessories in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

I hate the stuff and haven't fitted it for years.......but have a customer that wont be persuaded and wants brushed steel screw less flat plate accessories. The job is huge (in the region of 600 points altogether) so want to find something that's not going to be a PITA. Any recommendations? Quick look online and the BG nexus range doesn't look to sad...has any used this range in screw less flat plate? Appreciate any feed back.

2. D00DY_T00DY

D00DY_T00DY Gorilla Whisperer Electrician's Arms

Get some white plastic accessories with the little plastic inserts :D

But seriously I don't think I've ever installed screw less accessories. So can't be much help sorry.
    Best of luck keeping your sanity lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leesparkykent

Unless the wall is completely true then they look proper shite but its want the customer wants :mad:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. D00DY_T00DY

Yeah when the walls all off and there's great big gaps around the faceless socket.
    When all is well though they do look rather snazzy.
    There's been a couple of times I had to look behind one they can be a nightmare to get off so got to say click the fronts on after everything's done. Plus saves the fronts from getting scratched.

They all seem to be the same method of clicking onto the frame of the front not sure how much different one brand is from another.

5. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    I too avoid screwless flat plate wherever possible.
    I have not used the BG screwless ones but the screwed flat plate seem OK (except for the terminal locations on all their fused spurs), I like that they do not use plastic around the switch actuators. (but I think they are what toolstation sell!)
    I would also be prepared to consider Schneider ultimate or click definity.
    Just remembered that I saw some accessories with a magnetic fixing that I thought would either be wonderful or a nightmare and I could see them falling off non flat walls!

6. LankyWill

LankyWill Electrician's Arms

Feel your pain Lee, only ever fitted the Schneider flat plate. Absolute pig of a job, had to chop nearly 60% back due to the slightly proud metal boxes.

7. stummish

stummish Electrician's Arms

Schneider ultimate for me too. Best screw less accessories I've fitted. And they look the best too I think. Only bad thing is the usb double sockets need a 35mm back box if I remember right.

8. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

All flat plate should be fitted in 35mm boxes..... And cooker isolators 45mm

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Did a kitchen job for a mate, who bought all his fittings. He used screw less, can't remember make, but it was rather tedious!

I used 35mm back boxes, but luckily for me I chopped them in a bit and he covered with glass splash backs, 'cos I don't think there would have been enough space.

USB sockets I would install 47mm back boxes.

I would experiment on that Lee, with you chosen make.

Tell your customer, they'll be forever pushing the plates back on!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jackhammerJIM

jackhammerJIM Regular EF Member

Fitted the BG flat plate last week that a customer provided . 2 out 0f the 4 prongs had fallen off of the 4 gang dimmer faceplate so i wasn't impressed .

Have installed varilight brushed chrome which did look superb . The way the face plates click into the socket is always going to cause problems .

How about RAKO ? o_O

11. D00DY_T00DY

I still prefer my idea of white plastic with the screw hole plugs! :D
    Or caulk if you're not that fancy lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Leesparkykent

13 of the rooms are having RAKO :eek:

13. jackhammerJIM

jackhammerJIM Regular EF Member

If they can afford RAKO they can afford better than BG .

14. Leesparkykent

Yeah its a 30K rewire for me but the more expensive I go the more it eats in to my bottom line :D

• Like Like x 3
  15. D00DY_T00DY

Telling you mate few tubes of caulk. Few plastic sockets you'll be eating steak in a couple weeks:D

• Funny Funny x 1