Discuss Flexi Drills in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Trying to lay my hands on some flexi drills in the UK and having little or no luck. However I was speaking with a friend over the pond, who gave me the name of a manufacturer over there. Long story short they are looking for someone to distribute their products over here (and the rest of Europe eventually), Which is something I'm interested in doing (parallel income streams and all that)....however the minimum order I can place is $2500....up front.....a bit painful for the wallet.
So I'm trying to gauge realistic interest levels from the trade (and other trades), along with some of the independent wholesalers etc to see if its going to be viable or if I'm going to be stuck with 2.5Ks worth of flexible drill bits

Thoughts?

I've posted a link to this before somewhere,Ideal industries based in warrington do the drill bits you are looking for,hope this helps.

buy with your flexible friend.

*removes head from posterior* I think I'm just so used to companies saying "We don't deal direct, we only sell through retailers"

*removes head from posterior* I think I'm just so used to companies saying "We don't deal direct, we only sell through retailers"
i live around the corner from them and was talking to one of their reps and he told me that if i got stuck i could get the stuff direct from them

Hi guys,
Trying to lay my hands on some flexi drills in the UK and having little or no luck. However I was speaking with a friend over the pond, who gave me the name of a manufacturer over there. Long story short they are looking for someone to distribute their products over here (and the rest of Europe eventually), Which is something I'm interested in doing (parallel income streams and all that)....however the minimum order I can place is $2500....up front.....a bit painful for the wallet.
So I'm trying to gauge realistic interest levels from the trade (and other trades), along with some of the independent wholesalers etc to see if its going to be viable or if I'm going to be stuck with 2.5Ks worth of flexible drill bits

Thoughts?

I have been looking at doing something similar myself, I have been planning for years and have a lot of good industry contacts in the USA....

Do you have anybody in the states that you can get to buy on your behalf and send over? I could help you with that, the supplier will probably want you to sign up for an exclusive distributor deal which entails big orders, be warned that once you start bringing in tools and selling on ebay etc, the big sheds will be watching and if they like the look of the tools they will put somebody on the first flight to the states, hire a car and go face to face at the factory resulting in them signing an exclusive distributor deal and making a sizable order starting in container loads...
You need to build a business relationship fast, or you will lose it.....I would recommend buying a £20 international phonecard, and sending Airmail letters/information goes down well in the states (of course in addition to email) skype will let you have a face to face as well...

be very very fast or be last......I lost out this way a few years ago, I had been in regular contact with a company in the USA advising them on sales in Europe and helped them redesign their website and sales pitch, was hoping to become a distributor here....then an English chap found out and flew over to America to take me out, he gave them all the patter and whatnot and did a deal face to face in under 3 hours to get exclusive distributor, he was selling the items at 2.5x the price I would have sold them for after that...

other people in the UK and Europe will try to take your piece box so don't give them the chance...

I'm interested in helping you out, I can share some of my contacts

Might be worth a consider Grant. My issue is cashflow...though when I worked retail while at college, I had the best "conversion" figures in the store (turning someone who in for a browse into someone walking out having spent money and came back later).
Might be worth working together..send me a PM and we can talk more. Whats in my favour is that I used to live not far from where this company is based so I know the area and I know the culture (work hard, play extremely hard ;-) )
Surprisingly their minimum order value isn't too bad and they are quite keen on getting someone to build a presence here for them (then again they offer a sizeable discount and still come out quids in) also offered to include a fair number of sales catalogs with any kit bought for resale.

Reply to Flexi Drills in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock