Discuss Flexible metal conduit and earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

been down to a regular customer today and they are now going to turn the basement into a seating area/ restaurant. The building is so old that the basement is actually part of Norwich's tunnels so they intend to make it resemble an air raid shelter (they are designers from NY and know their stuff!) they want me to use flexible metal conduit on the surface along with metal lighting points etc.

two questions...

Where do i get the conduit at a good price? im being quoted in excess of £300 just for the conduit that without any fixings!

i need to fix the lighting points and conduit onto the corrugated metal which will make the shelter, trouble is what would be the best option for earthing? id rather insulate the fitting from the metal sheets

Thanks for the help!!

Flexible conduit is designed to tolerate many extremes including oils and cheicals dependant on type hence its not cheap ... have a chat with the customer and explain this.... are you after an unsheathed metal or a pvc type coated metal flex conduit?

Hi everyone,

been down to a regular customer today and they are now going to turn the basement into a seating area/ restaurant. The building is so old that the basement is actually part of Norwich's tunnels so they intend to make it resemble an air raid shelter (they are designers from NY and know their stuff!) they want me to use flexible metal conduit on the surface along with metal lighting points etc.

two questions...

Where do i get the conduit at a good price? im being quoted in excess of £300 just for the conduit that without any fixings!

i need to fix the lighting points and conduit onto the corrugated metal which will make the shelter, trouble is what would be the best option for earthing? id rather insulate the fitting from the metal sheets

Thanks for the help!!

Just remember they may know there stuff as you put it, making things look good and the like. But they won't know much about electrical installations, especially in the UK!! So if they need reminding when they want to do something silly, electrically speaking, ...tell them!! lol!!

Reply to Flexible metal conduit and earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock