Discuss Fluke 1651 Error 1 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky

Hi coming to the end of my self employed electrical business and my damn testers has got another error code..

A while ago it got error 5 - High noise.. so off it went for repair where the cost prob could of got me another set of intsruments..

So anyway, i went to finish a job off the other day and got Err 1 displayed!?!?

Digging around found to be self test fault??

Changed battries and internal F1A fuse as been said to solve but no good

So sounds like either Firmware or Harware???

Not wanting to shell out for basically my last job can any of these be sorted DIY style..

I'm guessing firmware's and update of OS (downloadable??)

Hardware somethings broke... any ideas would be much appreciated.

its dead mate.

take it back to a fluke dealer who will arrange repair...i think its in the range of about 150 quid.

so decide if its worth it first as the 1651 is a bit basic...

Agree with above. If it says err 1 on start up its the expensive kind (at least £150) if it self tests and goes to err 1 when you try and use it its less expensive but the fixed low price is £79 plus vat at fluke.

Thanx for all the imput guys..

The err 1 comes straight away.. tried listening for the relays to kick in but nothing, so think its deffinetly dead for the cost to repair..

Renting's an idea but sure i looked into it when i had the err5 and it was exstortionate!

But with regards to the err5.. are you saying that the company had my pants down charging £250ish for repair???

Reply to Fluke 1651 Error 1 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net