Discuss fluke 1652c continuity readings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with there continuity readings my readings never seem to be stable for example a newly installed ring end to end resistance on neutral and line ill get .46 and then a reading of .04 on line end to end the leads are always nulled and I even check readings on calcard that's another story that's always spot on or miles out. Is it just the leads as they are only 12 months old the same as the tester. Any one else with similar problems and leads do you use on your fluke any help please ???????

Using a KT64, but I find the readings drift a little if I've brought the gear in from sitting in the cold for a while, still it stabilises. I have a stable 1.00 Ohm resistor stuck on the top (soldered to a couple of pads on a tiny PCB) so I can check as I measure.

Also, I did quite recently buy new test leads, one of them was a little unstable when wiggling one end, could vary the reading by maybe 0.2 or 0.3 Ohm, think the connector had deteriorated, worth checking.

I've got the same tester and the same problem, and also occasionally I will get a reading of 0.00 and it seems to give me artificially high ze readings as well. If you find out why let me know :)

Reply to fluke 1652c continuity readings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Chaps - having problems with a new Megger MIT420/2 insulation/continuity tester 'oscillating' and failing to give stable resistance readings in...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
My main tester is a Megger MFT1711, which I bought second hand but came with a calibration certificate. Rather than annual calibration, I have a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock