Discuss Fluke 1653 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tiny_Lec

Hi everyone,

I am looking at possibly buying a multifunctional tester so I was looking at the subject MFT on ebay, but I am a bit confused because I see one as 16th edition (Fluke Robin 1653 Installation Tester | eBay ) while the same model is a 17th edition (FLUKE 1653 MULTI FUNCTION METER 17TH EDITION | eBay) somewhere else. There's also this MI3100 Metrel Eurotesteasi Mi3100 Multifunction Tester c/w 12 Months Calibration | eBay :confused5: Which one in your opinion is a better one of these?

having only used megger, i can;t comment on which is better. check the spec.s and make sure you buy a mft with ramp test and rcd auto test.

probably because 1 of them was manufactured when the 16th edition was in force and it says on the paperwork that it complies with 16th. that's not to say that it doesn't comly with 17th.

I use fluke 1653 at work and a megger 1553. Fluke is a good tester on domestic installations but on commercial + industrial to many issues with noise.fluke has lots of handy features like the Ra function on TT but takes a little more getting used to rather then the megger.

As Tel has said, it's down to how the tester was marketed at the time of its release. The 16th edition tester looks to boast a phase rotation test which means that it is also 17th edition compliant.

There are some fantastic deals to be had on eBay, just make sure you get a new calibration certificate supplied with the tester.

I use a Fluke 1653 its a bit sensitive to noise but its a really good tester. It has Ra test which many others haven't. The older version is the 1651 just make sure you have the correct version.

Reply to Fluke 1653 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I will start by apologising to @westward10 as he will have had to take time out to move this thread to the correct section. I am terrible at...
Replies
Views
I forgot I had a Di-Log 9803P so called '17th Edition Tester!?', it was a rash ebay purchase a long while ago intended as a spare, and I discarded...
Replies
Views
I have a nice new KT66DL MFT and a spare fluke. The KT64DL is now surplus to requirements and going to off load it. Before going through all the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I am currently looking to buy my first multifunctional tester, I have looked at many from seaward to fluke but I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Completed an EV charging course a few months back. Looking to explore that growing corner of the market. My Megger 1720 multi function...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock