Discuss Fluke 1664FC worth the money ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Fluke 1664FC worth the money?

If you're going to make use of all if its functionality, then it probably is.
If you're only going to use a subset of all if its functionality, then it probably isn't.

yes. my mate had one Chinese knock off. by a megger 1720 much better
Clearly if it was a knock off it is not representive of the actual MFT the OP is enquiring about, so please enlightnen us to your issues with the Fluke 1664FC against other MFT's namely the Megger you promote, I'm not saying your experiences are unfounded but the OP is looking for more than 'my brother uses them on LV lines, say no more' ... please expand on your comments.

With the advent of lots of remote lighting drivers and never knowing where another sparks may of hidden them or what make type they are, its getting very difficult to carry out an IR test without the prospect of killing something. This is a particular issue on high end houses or even mid range installs for that matter. Not all manufacturers allow 500v or even 250v happily on their drivers, especially if they have been built for 230v +10% 253v. 250v is too close to top end and I have lost drivers where test was needed. I always carry out a functional test prior to testing to make sure everything works before hand as sorting existing fixes can get very costly quickly. My reasoning with the Fluke 1664FC is that it is currently unique in carrying out a pretest first, i'm sure Megger will catch up and bring it out in a future version. If the pretest function works as documented then happy days. I was hoping someone here may have had experiences of the unit with a positive feedback.

With the advent of lots of remote lighting drivers and never knowing where another sparks may of hidden them or what make type they are, its getting very difficult to carry out an IR test without the prospect of killing something. ...

If in doubt, avoid testing between line and neutral. A test from L+N to earth shouldn't kill anything, even at 500V. If it does, the equipment was unsafe anyway. Only exception I can think of is some surge suppressors connected between line or neutral to earth.

Remember that the peak voltage on a 250V AC supply is 353V, so testing at 250V DC is nowhere near enough to break it.

hi looking for another mft anyone have any reviews of this meter? Thanks in advance
Hi
LEADING BRAND
U will re-think purchasing a fluke MFT.
The software still to be installed via a CD-Rom,
software purchased last week 2024-02-14.
The MFT 1664FC is at this point 7 years going.
Are they really a leading brand in the industry / world wide? and still have not figured a software patch.
All laptop does not have optical drive anymore.
????

Reply to Fluke 1664FC worth the money ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock