Discuss Ford Connect Double Locking Fault in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My Ford Connect double locking has stopped working (intermittent fault). Manual says it won't double lock if one of the doors is open. Well I've shut all the doors properly, but I guess one of the door switches is telling the system I haven't.

I know the side door has got one of those three pronged switches, which I've WD & cleaned and when opening each door it operates the interior lights. So is there anything else I could check, before paying for someone to fix it for me?

Hi,the three prongs is a contact assembly,to feed whatever is actuated in the sliding door,have you found another switch that is operated by that door?

Hi,the three prongs is a contact assembly,to feed whatever is actuated in the sliding door,have you found another switch that is operated by that door?

Yep there's a small 'push button' switch on the right hand side (2010 Connect). The rear interior light works, when I open the sliding door, so I guess that switch has nothing to do with it.

Sprayed load more WD40 on all door contacts, and double locking works now & again. Been doing some research, and the switch you mention, comes up a lot. Gonna have a look at that. Contacts are clean but some mention it or the door can move.

Reply to Ford Connect Double Locking Fault in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I've bought a "yagusmart" smart switch from Amazon and it has no earth terminal. Although there are no metal facing parts I would think the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just retrieved a Federal Electric TB63SNT Switch/Fuse unit from a skip, it looks to be in very clean condition no rust or damage to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need help/feedback. I am modifying a machine. I have added an aluminium profile frame (enclosure ) to a machine (the machine will be...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock