Discuss Forum Category Suggestions in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

just wondering if there is a way to ignore certain sections of the forum so they don't come on your new posts?
Which ones? The gaming?

yeah the gaming one. Also when I try and quote a post I get an error message and will not let me quote the post.

Forum Category Suggestions error.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

yeah the gaming one. Also when I try and quote a post I get an error message and will not let me quote the post.

View attachment 33009
I've erased some of those threads. There isn't a way to ignore a category. I was testing the feeds out but it posted way too many. I've made them sit in the moderation queue now so I can approve just the good article ones and not the spammy deals.

Also the error I'll look into after my carvery. Nom nom nom.

I suggest keeping the electrical sections to a minimum - I don't think anyone will naturally start any more threads because there is a special section for it, and it seems to increase the 'problem' of new members beginning their first question with "sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section".

cheers. It does it on other threads as well.

How's the quoting now?

I suggest keeping the electrical sections to a minimum - I don't think anyone will naturally start any more threads because there is a special section for it, and it seems to increase the 'problem' of new members beginning their first question with "sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section".

Noted.

A guy suggested a "storage" forum earlier and said its not really solar panel related etc

What's your opinion on that?

Noted.

A guy suggested a "storage" forum earlier and said its not really solar panel related etc

What's your opinion on that?
TBH since I've never looked into solar I don't understand what they're talking about in there; it seems a whole different world to me. I believe I have the solar section blocked so it can't confuse me.
Could a "storage" forum be made as a subsection of the solar forum? Otherwise if the existing solar forum isn't that busy lump all the solar stuff together, then everyone knows where they're supposed to be starting threads.
If there isn't going to be much demand for a special "storage" forum but someone wants to discuss it, I'm sure they could start their own thread on it in a related section, of just under 'general electrical discussion'.

What about a vintage / history / obsolete technology section? I'd post odd things I come across and some explanations, Tony would probably contribute too. I'm also getting set up to do a regular YouTube vlog about old and unusual kit so I could link those videos here which might be informative for people who haven't seen the before.

What about a vintage / history / obsolete technology section? I'd post odd things I come across and some explanations, Tony would probably contribute too. I'm also getting set up to do a regular YouTube vlog about old and unusual kit so I could link those videos here which might be informative for people who haven't seen the before.
That will be interesting Lucien, hope it goes well I will be looking forward to it

I've been meaning to do a regular feature for a long time - debunk a few myths, demo a few craft techniques, but mainly show-and-tell about old stuff. E.g. guided tour of a big lighting board, inside the Aron meter mechanism, how to trim a carbon arc spot etc. In the meantime, Dan, how about a history channel or would you prefer vintage interest threads to run in a main area?

Eeerrm maybe start a thread off first in the main electrical forum and see how much traction it gets. If it seems to get lengthy I'll stick the forum category suggestion forward to the staff and we can take it from there.

No probs, will start planning a few little demos, won't be for a few weeks as there's a lot of real work on here and I'm not allowed to play with electrical toys for the mo.

Reply to Forum Category Suggestions in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock