Discuss Freaky golf accident in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

David M

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
So after a hard day at work today I decided to go to the local golf practice range, to whack a few balls and work on my golf swing.
After purchasing a hundred balls and filling the hopper ( yes it's a posh range with automatic tee's ). I sat down on the bench behind the bay I'd chosen to swap my trainers for my golf shoes. As a reached down to my feet I heard a loud bang and then suffered a sharp pain in my forearm. It felt like I'd been shot or hit hard with a hammer!
Turns out a fella about 4 bays further up the range had miss hit his ball. It then had ricocheted off a post, back into the range, at a sharp angle directly into my arm. The pain brought tears to my eyes, I got up went into the range shop where they immediately got an ice pack for me.

What was freaky is another fella came in at the same time with a lump on the back of his leg. He'd been in a bay a few further down from me! The ball had ricocheted off my arm into his leg (yes! that's how hard it had hit my arm!).

Anyway, my arm is currently swollen like a tennis ball and I'm contemplating going to A&E, Just don't fancy the long wait to be attended to. I'm so busy with work I can't afford this inconvenience!
I've took a load of pain killers, anti inflammatories and kept an ice pack on it. To be fair the pain is only bad when I use or move my hand. I'll probably see how it feels in the morning.

I've been playing golf and going that range regularly for 20 + years and never been close to getting hit by a ball.

Ouch! Picture or it didn't happen.

I broke my hand a few weeks ago and cut the cast off a couple of weeks ago. Needs an op really but I don't like needles.

I always said playing sports is bad for you haha

The swelling has gone right down so I'm dead chuffed about that! I've taken a picture of it this morning, but it does not do it justice. Should have taken one last night, never thought but I might need the evidence if there ever is a problem with it. :(
It still hurts and I'm struggling to use my hand but it is definitely better now the swelling has gone down. I kept an ice pack on it for ages last night and it seems to have helped.

Lol yes, your not likely to get injured sitting on the couch watching Jeremy kyle!

Ouch! Picture or it didn't happen.

I broke my hand a few weeks ago and cut the cast off a couple of weeks ago. Needs an op really but I don't like needles.

I always said playing sports is bad for you haha
How did you break your hand?

Good grief that sounds painful also!

I'm home from work early, the swelling on my forearm has gone down nicely now and gone a yellow colour where the bruising is showing through. It feels loads better though and I'm able to use my hand quite well, just can't grip tight yet. I'll try and get the pictures uploaded.

Pleased for you. My hand is still killing me. I think from overcompensating with my left arm now I seem to have some shoulder issue going on that's killing me too. And I broke my back last year; about a year ago, and that's killing me too.

Co-codamol (500/30) and 500mg naproxen 4 times a day helps. But makes me sleepy.

Pleased for you. My hand is still killing me. I think from overcompensating with my left arm now I seem to have some shoulder issue going on that's killing me too. And I broke my back last year; about a year ago, and that's killing me too.

Co-codamol (500/30) and 500mg naproxen 4 times a day helps. But makes me sleepy.
Its funny how your body reacts to things and as you get older all those niggles start to appear. I can't ever remember getting up in a morning without some sort of ache or pain these days.
Sounds like you have been in the wars!
I've only ever broken a toe, though my back was fractured in a bad car crash I was involved in when I was 17 (I was the passenger) I couldn't walk for a good while because the swelling around the fracture was putting pressure on my spinal cord. Things could have been a lot worse, i thank my lucky stars that day!

Its funny how your body reacts to things and as you get older all those niggles start to appear. I can't ever remember getting up in a morning without some sort of ache or pain these days.
Sounds like you have been in the wars!
I've only ever broken a toe, though my back was fractured in a bad car crash I was involved in when I was 17 (I was the passenger) I couldn't walk for a good while because the swelling around the fracture was putting pressure on my spinal cord. Things could have been a lot worse, i thank my lucky stars that day!
Mine was a compression fracture but I lost a quarter of a vertebrae, on an angle too not a clean cut/crush.
So perhaps not too dissimilar.

Mine was a compression fracture but I lost a quarter of a vertebrae, on an angle too not a clean cut/crush.
So perhaps not too dissimilar.
Yes mine was a compression fracture also! I lost a couple of cm in height which really pee'd me off cause i ain't the tallest of fellas as it is :( still I shouldn't complain I recovered just fine. :)
The car rolled and I was trapped in. The roof squashed into my right shoulder, my head was hanging out the side window. My nose and mouth were swollen where my face had smashed through the window. I remember a police lady holding my head up as the fire brigade were cutting me and another passenger out. She was really nice and cracking jokes to keep my spirit up I guess.
The crash happened opposite the Michelin factory on the A500 back in the late eighties.

Reply to Freaky golf accident in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock