Discuss Freezer On Rcbo Etc in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

got it all wrong sugar forgive, yeh 522.6.7 is pretty clear, i like sitting here with me regs book, got 17th edition in 2 weeks too

got it all wrong sugar forgive, yeh 522.6.7 is pretty clear, i like sitting here with me regs book, got 17th edition in 2 weeks too
yeah well best o luck with that one mate ...although i cant see you having any probs mate......as soon as you have got that n all see if you can go part p n all...straight away n all mate....dont leave it as i have had conflicting stuff about the changes....as in is it or not in january.......

Going off my original post here but what am I doing wrong with these attachments? Tried editing the first post but have only made it worse. Seem to now have 6 attachments and 2 attached files! I just want to have the pics at the end of my post that others can click on and that will open on screen. Tips, guides please! Cheers. I did the drawing in AutoCAD then converted to PDF.

I have recently rewired my home as the previous owner must have had a deathwish looking at the wiring ( too many to list here ).
I have got micro on a separate 16 A , dishwasher and fridge freezer all separate. Also have put the washing machine and tumble dryer on a separate ring main and separate sockets. I have had incidents whilst on holiday of a trip going and losing a whole fridge freezer load through no fault on the freezer.

I have recently rewired my home as the previous owner must have had a deathwish looking at the wiring ( too many to list here ).
I have got micro on a separate 16 A , dishwasher and fridge freezer all separate. Also have put the washing machine and tumble dryer on a separate ring main and separate sockets. I have had incidents whilst on holiday of a trip going and losing a whole fridge freezer load through no fault on the freezer.

How did you determine the freezer wasn't at fault?

There's an argument against putting fridge/freezer on it's own circuit.
While it does protect against a different issue taking out the supply - in practice you are more likely to notice if (e.g.) all the kitchen appliances are off. Our fridge and freezer both have displays that go blank most of the time. So if the power gies off we'd not notice unless unless we opened tthe be door and the light didn't come on.

There's an argument against putting fridge/freezer on it's own circuit.
Same reason as smoke alarm on lighting circuit.

I did look for a power-fail alarm as a friend had a near-miss with power off on a freezer circuit but I didn't find anything that looked worth getting. Some deeply suspicious stuff on amazon (think 13A adaptors with no fuse...) and one that looked quite smart until it became apparent you had to pay a subscription - WTF at they hoping for? Yes, I know profits for doing almost SFA...

Reply to Freezer On Rcbo Etc in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net