Discuss Fronius Error 102 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hundleton1

hi guys, got a problem where my farther inverter is shutting down, error 102 is grid over voltage, checked with my megger mft and its showing 258v, he has been getting very low generating results considering the weather all week,

i take it its the national grid we need to speak to ?

thanks

Possibly. But it's a bit more complicated than that. What cable is supplying the inverter and what is its length?

its next to the meter ans CU and its on what looks like 6mm TE, total length about 10 inches. the min and max on the inverter is showing its reached 261v today

is their setting for the max input, as far as iv read it input grid range is upto 270 but the max is determined by the country,

its currently set to GB,

its a IG-TL 3.6 by the way.

thanks

Have you measured grid voltage without the PV system turned on? If it is above 253v then you can contact the DNO and ask them to adjust the voltage. They're duty bound to do so.

yep the inverter was off on the error at the time, from the log its been off since roughly 2pm, voltage seemed to drop to 254 at 6:30 and the inverter kicked back in, he has been complaining all week his generation has been low considering its clear and silly hot, today he has only done 15kw and on a normal sunny day he does 24 to 28kw.

we are in wales so is it Western power or his actual supplier he contacts.

the inverter's are set to shutoff if they dont recive the right voltage.

when you set them up your supposed to select the regional setting. ive only really played around with a sunnyboy where there is a dial on it to select the value.

258v is too high for it. it is expecting to see 230-240. give er 5% so around 220-250 ish id say is what you will usually get never band on 230/240

Over the last week we've been regularly seeing very high grid voltages here mid pm - we monitor it 24 hours a day at grid and at the inverter and have seen it frequently going over 254 v at the grid ....

Thanks for the info, DNO came out tonight after i reported it and tested with no load main fuse out, 256v on his meter, he agrees its high but has to do a report and feed it back, did not seem particularly interested in the problems it's causing, he did admit these solar things are causing problems but did not really understand how they work lol, hopefully they will do something.

Going to update his SW on the inverter tomorrow as its old.

Are their any settings fro max grid voltage as it seems to trip put at 257v

i have the same inverter as your father the inverter will give a error code of 102 if the voltage goes over 261 it has also happened to me on one occasion may 2012. in this type of weather my inverter sits at 256v the only solution i see would be to try and use some high powered divices when the voltage gets high that may reduce it somewhat

Hundelton1

You could have said to the dno guy,that these solar 'thingies' are approved by dno through g83 & g59 applications. So if solar causing problems in the area why did your local dno approve of the system.

Sounds like the guy you had round was a meter "engineer"

Thanks for the help guys, Fronius were grate today and helped me increase the max grid voltage today to their maximum level on the inverter, Iv also upgrade the Sw on the inverter as well.

Hopefully this will keep us above the shut downs.

Today grid as siting at 248 so much better but still high, hopefully Western Power may do something about it.

Noticing this heat is reducing overall output as well. Loosing about 700w in peek due to the heat affecting the panels.

What setting is that you are talking about. I get a 308 issue which is slightly different but I'm thinking could be related. I know there is a menu called DC Mode which let's you decide whether you want the dc to run at a fixed voltage or mpp user or auto voltage. But I think I've also seen another voltage setting.

Reply to Fronius Error 102 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net