Discuss Full rcbo boards???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've only worked on Proteus and some old MEM when it comes to three-phase stuff, can't say I've been impressed with either. Proteus not enough room in the sides (where the neutral/earth bars are) so you've got to stick your RCBO neutral in to the bar before you even clip the RCBO in.
proteus do a compact RCBO. 10A 1 Module SP 30mA Type B 6kA Compact RCBO | City Electrical Factors - http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/4126280-10a-1-module-sp-30ma-type-b-6ka-compact-rcbo

It helps that learning curve D00DY and just think, you wouldn't have anything to moan about otherwise and oh how we enjoy that! Great that you are getting the practice in though, apprenticeship working!

It helps that learning curve D00DY and just think, you wouldn't have anything to moan about otherwise and oh how we enjoy that! Great that you are getting the practice in though, apprenticeship working!
Oh don't worry. I'd find something to moan about. Like the Tories being ahead at the moment.

And I'm on board duties(which I love)

i can see the regs 526.9 applying in say DBs etc but how does it apply to lamp holder attachments to ceiling roses. Surely the flex doesn't need ferrules as well?

i can see the regs 526.9 applying in say DBs etc but how does it apply to lamp holder attachments to ceiling roses. Surely the flex doesn't need ferrules as well?
made up pendants have ferrules on the flex.

business name idea.... Peninsular Electrical Services.
or..... Isthmus Installations.

We use the Curve boards from the local Denmans, cheap and cheerful, plenty of room to work etc. We used MK for a bit when the AM3 boards appeared but soon found they were useless. Faulty RCBOs, no terminals for bonding conductors, recalls and so on. If we do a CU change it will almost always be all RCBOs. All fine stranded conductors have ferrules fitted if we have to cut the factory fitted one off.
Full rcbo boards???? db cro - EletriciansForums.net

Part of remedial works after a T+I today included fitting ferrules to fine stranded conductors, it was shocking to see how few strands were connected on various RCBO tails, YY and SY flexes and tri rated singles that are used in a lot of the conduits. I must have fitted thousands of ferrules in the past few years. Makes a far superior connection IMO.
Full rcbo boards???? b - EletriciansForums.net Full rcbo boards???? a - EletriciansForums.net

Yes of course it does.

The vast majority of factory fitted flexes will have ferrules fitted to them, or be ultrasonically welded into a solid mass.

We use the Curve boards from the local Denmans, cheap and cheerful, plenty of room to work etc. We used MK for a bit when the AM3 boards appeared but soon found they were useless. Faulty RCBOs, no terminals for bonding conductors, recalls and so on. If we do a CU change it will almost always be all RCBOs. All fine stranded conductors have ferrules fitted if we have to cut the factory fitted one off.
View attachment 37012

Part of remedial works after a T+I today included fitting ferrules to fine stranded conductors, it was shocking to see how few strands were connected on various RCBO tails, YY and SY flexes and tri rated singles that are used in a lot of the conduits. I must have fitted thousands of ferrules in the past few years. Makes a far superior connection IMO.
View attachment 37013 View attachment 37014

Very nicely done board Freddo.

Very nicely done board Freddo.
Thanks, I'm surprised no one has complained that the main earth conductor doesn't go through the tails gland with the l&n, I've never seen a good reason to, live conductors through the same hole yes. This was for a rewire of a property above a shop. TT earth, the DNO wouldn't provide a PME supply as they would have to disconnect the supply to the shop while changing the cutout, as their supply was looped through the flats cutout.

I don't see an issue with that either Freddo although I'll do it if practical. Typical DNO, never want to make that extra little bit of effort, often during the working day I'll see certain vehicles 'hiding away'. :)

I'm sure the shop would have coped without power for 30 minutes, it's in an old town and I think the cash register was an old manual model, no fancy card payments there. We chatted to the shop owner most days, she used to live in the property we were rewiring.

To be fair to Western Power, most of the workmen are good guys, the difficult part is persuading their office staff to send them out!

Reply to Full rcbo boards???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock