Discuss Fuse Replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stitch

-
Reaction score
I came across this while browsing. It may come in useful if you need a quick solution.

Cj-kw3YUgAA6MHH.jpg:small

:D

Hey the 350 amp is a shiny one of mine I found under a floor the other day. The lady of the house insisted that I kept it. Not fired, I've always wanted a bullet - now I've got one! (Wife won't let it in the house, I told her it's not bullets that kill people, actually it's not guns that kill people - it's long boring stories that kill people! Sorry)

Hey the 350 amp is a shiny one of mine I found under a floor the other day. The lady of the house insisted that I kept it. Not fired, I've always wanted a bullet - now I've got one! (Wife won't let it in the house, I told her it's not bullets that kill people, actually it's not guns that kill people - it's long boring stories that kill people! Sorry)

Is it a live round then, I take it it hasn't had its firing cap pinned if you believe it to be a live round?

I got a few spitfire 303 bullets the projectile is crimped in but to sell them at the airshow they had to leave the firing cap out altogether.

Yes a live round and No, not pinned as so many are! How big are the 303s may have to google it.

Yes a live round and No, not pinned as so many are! How big are the 303s may have to google it.

About the same size as the one in your hand, I say just a bit slimmer though but not much, my old man used to have a few weapons as he went to the gun clubs back in the day, my uncle used to make the bullets but times and laws changed so he hung up his hobby and sold them.. on that note, don't get caught with a live round, getting a firearms offense on your slate no matter how trivial can cause a lot of problem down the line if you can imagine. I sure you know the legality of this and that why I handed my live rounds in years ago, I only get display/pinned bullets now, no-one really knows the difference when they see them until I tell them. :cool:

Thanks for the heads up. It's coming up bonfire night so I may put it in a vice and give it a pin mark - ONLY JOKING!
I remember seeing cowboy film in the past where the cowboy was locked in a barn, no guns but a bullet belt so he stuck a bullet in a knot hole in the door and when the 'baddie' walked by he hit the end with his shackle! Has stuck with me since, not why I have the bullet though!
Best change my avatar - could be used as evidence against me.

That,by it's condition,looks like a .303 round,and possession of such ammunition,without the appropriate authority,is an offence carrying a possible 5 years...although you would have to be up to other things,to cop for that.

Best to chuck it in the drink,as handing over will entail a bus load of questions,none of which you can shrug off.

DO NOT be tempted to "tap" the primer,as,unless it is held,similar to how a breach functions,the likely outcome,is a piece of the brass cartridge case,will embed itself in your person!

All he needed to do is inform his customer he's going to hand it in and she may need to just confirm his story at best, unless they suspect anything iffy then nothing more will come of it except it gets logged, its not as uncommon as you think when the public finds ammunition ... although I get the impression Rpa07 may be filing it in his garage :mkungfu:, you never know when WW3 may arrive :eek:

Now you're going to tell me that I have to hand in my Mercury tilt switch - man I love that thing! I promise not to drink it or rub it in my eyes! Some things in life are just awesome.
@darkwood, I've got my recurve bow for WW3, I've a feeling guns and stuff will be too noisy for my sensitive ears (I wear ear defenders to drill holes in joists - I do use the impact though)

I have some larger shells somewhere, I see if I can dig them out if I can find the wheelbarrow too that is :D, we have a world war re-enactment event every year local to us, saw the spitfire fly over several times last year, it take up several fields and is packed with original kit, I was tempted to buy a tank shell but thought it would make my bullets feel insecure though.

I grew up next to the airfield in Filton Bristol because my dad was a model maker for Rolls Royce so we had our fair share of the weird and wonderful in the early days with lots of the restorations later on. To see a couple of spitfires over the skies giving chase just made you give up what you were doing and gawp.

Reply to Fuse Replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net