Discuss fused box a new light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

terry2367

Hi, I have just wire from the fused box a new light. However it is always triping .. And you please help me form the start to the swich..

Many Thanks

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
I respectfully suggest you contact a local qualified electrician to help you.

I would also respectfully suggest that you get some assistance to help you with your English. If we can't understand your question, then it is fair to assume that you will not be able to understand the replies. Nothing personal, just trying to help you.

Cheers...........Howard

Hi, I have just wire from the fused box a new light. However it is always triping .. And you please help me form the start to the swich..

Many Thanks

Terry

no now chaps i can translate for him!

I Have Just been to B&Q with the wife who nagged at me to buy a new light for the hall way, any way i got this £50 thing and when i got home it had no instructions. but hey its only wires! a monkey can work this out. red to red back to black and this green cable i chopped out as it was in the way when i tried to force it back to the ceiling.

i put it all back together and when i make the rewirable fuse at the box it sparks and turns off again..! my wife is shouting at me and im nearly crying as im to stingy to call an electrician as my man ego will be trashed, but i will come on line and ask as you cant see my face...!

what shall i do! if i take it down my wife will be on the name calling game again "apparently im useless" and i dont want that!

my neighbour thinks that the fuse wire may be to small for the circuit now and has said just use a piece of normal wire! he gave me a slice of 2.5mm cable to insert which i did but now the big fuse has blown and all power is off...!

please help as she wants her tea soon.

kind regards

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to fused box a new light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net