Discuss Fused Spurs under sink? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi I have a situation where there are Spurs under sink zone 2.
would it be ok if fittings where ip rated or fittings were enclosed in ip rated housing.
the circuit is protected by an rcd .
Lim pretty new to testing by would appreciate any advice.
Ive tried to find solution but was not able to come with a definite answer.
below are 3 pics of the install

many thanks in advance.

James

Fused Spurs under sink? image - EletriciansForums.netFused Spurs under sink? image - EletriciansForums.netFused Spurs under sink? image - EletriciansForums.net

as above. the only criterion you have is whether the FCUs are suitable for the environment in which they are installed.. if they're not going to get wet, then they're OK. ( bear in mind that a wet-pants cock-up causing a water leak can occur anywhere in the house and any accessory could then get wet wherever it's located ).

Thanks for the input guys. The only other thing is that in another apartment there is the same type of sink/draw with a bath tub bucked up to the side of the unit. So the Spurs are less than half a meter from the bath but housed within the sink cabinet.

thanks

James

there again, in an enclosed cabinet, they can be considered to be outside zones. i'd be concerned if they were sockets.

Looks like zone 2 to me, as the sink unit is next to a shower.
Would only be considered outside of zones, if only accessible by use of a tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I have a situation where there are Spurs under sink zone 2.
would it be ok if fittings where ip rated or fittings were enclosed in ip rated housing.
the circuit is protected by an rcd .
Lim pretty new to testing by would appreciate any advice.
Ive tried to find solution but was not able to come with a definite answer.
below are 3 pics of the install

many thanks in advance.

James

View attachment 32644View attachment 32645View attachment 32646
never mind the spurs, that sink is 'orrible. looks like a converted pizza oven. :-------:

Would only be considered outside of zones, if only accessible by use of a tool.

Spurs are on left hand side of sink, I'd wager it's outside of zone 2.

no zones applicable with sinks, ht. only with baths and showers.

OP has not mentioned a shower. 1 flat is just a sink and another flat has a bathtub. the second situ. is where spin suggests a key or tool to open the cabinet.

Spinlondon said:

(EDIT: Perhaps spin is referring to the second example by the OP, but "looks like" tells me he is going off the pictures posted)

And this picture looks like there's a shower to the right, guessing that's what spin was saying it looks like zone 2 about (as it looks to be within range of a shower) - I'm just saying even if that is a shower next to the unit I think the accessories look far anough away still.

View attachment 32646

Last edited by a moderator:
but are they metal ties. mice have a right to a safe escape route as well.

Reply to Fused Spurs under sink? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock