Discuss Fused unit no longer required in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

If there is a nearby socket that provides a safe zone for that cable position then you can crimp and heat shrink the cable together and then plaster over it.
If it is not in a safe zone then you cannot do this.
To do a nice job would be to replace the cable between the two sockets either side of it but this would be significant amount more work.

You can tell it is a Sunday:D

OK OK. Thanks very much for all the replies. Socket it is I think. PS I have a Labrador do a my plastering

Reply to Fused unit no longer required in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views
Just had an EICR done and C2 (dangerous) applied to 3-way consumer unit which is exclusively for 3 x Storage Heaters. Pic below. Yes its plastic...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock