Discuss Galaxy Dimension - Help needed in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gigsy

-
Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out how to wire a Galaxy Dimension alarm system.

I am studying to become an electrician and have been given the opportunity to learn how to wire an alarm system.

I am trying to figure it out from scraps of information.

I know these diagrams are not right yet, but would anyone look at them and help me figure it out?

I am working on an automatic gate, so far I am trying to get a PIR to open the gate, using a Galaxy Dimension main board and a RIO control board.

Galaxy Dimension - Help needed In progress SS - EletriciansForums.net Galaxy Dimension - Help needed print Galaxy Dimention - EletriciansForums.net

I'm not big on alarms and usually have to do a bit of reading, but it looks like it should work. The outputs to the relays... do you have more information about them?

If outputs 1 and 2 are sources, and they are pulled high to say 12v when they are active, then you might be advised to include some flyback protection diodes across the relay coils to avoid potential damage to the electronics when they are de-energised and the magnetic field collapses. This is particularly important if the outputs are transistor based.

If outputs 1 and 2 are sinks (i.e. they are effectively open circuit, but get connected to 0v when active - typically via an open collector transistor), then you'll need to connect the common for the relays to +12v and the same advice applies regarding flyback protection diodes.

The inputs to the gate motor... are they momentary inputs (i.e. pulse it to trigger open/close) or do they need to be on all the time? If it's the latter, you could potentially get away with a single relay operating in a changeover configuration. I might be inclined to do this, as connecting both the Open/Close of the motor could have some undesirable effects (can't say for certain). In this configuration, I would have it so that you energise the relay to close the gates so if the alarm/control/relay fails and the contacts open, the gates will open as well.

The other point about this is, what triggers the gates to close again? If you're not careful, you could end up in a situation where the PIR triggers them, the gates open, then the PIR deactivates and the gates close. If the vehicle or whatever is still there, damage to vehicles or people could be the end result.

The electric gates I've seen/useds all have multiple sensors, including infrared beams and induction sensors in the road to detect vehicles and manage the gate states accordingly. In my opinion, you may be better to use a gate controller and trigger than with the alarm rather than try and manage the open/close states of the gates yourself.

Your PIR only needs 3 cores, so remove the yellow core and move the blue to where the yellow was on your pir. Then link out the V- & nc connections on your PIR.

The 1K resistor you have on the fault switch needs changing to 3K in the pir.

(OP1 red=open & OP2 yellow=close) looks ok but you need to put the black core to the relays from the 12+ as the outputs are switched 0V if thats how you have the jumper set.

Reply to Galaxy Dimension - Help needed in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock