Discuss gaps in your knowledge in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

seamus1979

So further to my previous thread
Been an electrician now for fifteen years
So I have started with a new firm and I'm realizing I have some major gaps in my knowledge base
I've always worked big jobs
Empty shell
Containment
First fix
Second fix
Handover
Move onto the next one
Separate data and testing teams each time
Maybe the odd r1r2 and insulation resistance test

So the firm I have started with does a lot of minor works. I ain't got a clue when it comes to BT or data, I had to check google when I had to swap my first ballast last week. Having to keep rechecking the regs for domestic regs and my test sheets look like ****.
I'm second guessing myself that the gold card in my pocket isn't a fake.

I know the only way to learn is get stuck in and do it. Anyone else have these moments of self doubt?

Nobody knows everything, that's the beauty of the job it's also evolving and changes often, keeps you on your toes!

As long as your keeping your work within the standards and learning as you go you'll pick it up and do ok.

i wouldn't look on it as doubt but more as a learning curve!

Reply to gaps in your knowledge in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If not, would you take one one? for the second time and against my better wishes we have got one but my business partner always seems to have a...
Replies
Views
Dear Forum, I recently joined this forum, and writing for the first time. I like DIY activities, both for hobbies both to fix and repair stuff in...
Replies
Views
Hello and Happy New Year. It's not starting too well for me, excuse pun. Since Friday December 16th, The 2.4l Duratorq diesel won't start...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Need some help please. Got a brain teaser for my first post. My pool pump motor cratered over 4th of July. It was working fine and started to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock