Discuss garage boards in recessed meter box in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stratplus

Hi all, has anyone fitted a garage board in a recessed meter box when installing pv when there havent been any spare ways? I've heard people say you shouldn't do this.

yes, and I've heard that too.

Make it a very small one, and ensure there's space for the DNO to get in to change the head / meter and you're probably ok, though they'll still probably be a bit funny about it.

Thats not ture, the box and what is in it belongs to the DNO period, you can't cut seals with out permission and you cant move the box without permission, if you ask they will say no to putting anything in there, but im yet to hear of them asking a customer to remove anything from it,1000's of property's with old wylex consumer units in there.

p.s actually i think you do buy the box now, so snow could be right

Reply to garage boards in recessed meter box in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi thank you for help in advance have a potential pv installation for a garage roof that is some 60m from the main house (main incomer in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed 6 recessed lights in my living room. I’m now up to the wiring part of the project. There is an outlet in the room that is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock