Discuss Garage electrics help needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@Dan : Apologies If this goes against forum rules, please remove if it does.

@Jacko : Tell your mate to try contacting one of the following. Bowen Hopkins or Gem Electrical, both in Swansea & both top quality firms.
They can get one of their boys to come make it safe & then price for a pucker job.

Would love to see the lie sheet (sorry certificate) for what's been done so far, I could do with a good laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really does beggar belief. I mean is this guy actually advertising/working/charging people as an electrician? If so the guy needs to be stopped before he kills someone and if he's a member of a scheme, he should be reported without delay.

Some of the things I thought when I saw it were like "Wonder if he did a short course? If so, cheers bud, you're the kind of muppet (insert your own expletive here, but my choice was the c word I keep in reserve for the lowest of the low) that gets those of us who go that route and go on to do decent, safe regs compliant work a very very bad name. Is he just a chancer? How long before he kills himself or someone else? How many other acts of butchery has he committed? He must be completely devoid of a moral compass to be out there selling his services as an electrician."

I could go on, but I'd only be repeating what everyone else has said. The guys a joke and that needs sorting before it kills someone.

On the flip side, if someone could get me his customer list I think I could make a nice living tidying up after him ;)

It really does beggar belief. I mean is this guy actually advertising/working/charging people as an electrician? If so the guy needs to be stopped before he kills someone and if he's a member of a scheme, he should be reported without delay.

Some of the things I thought when I saw it were like "Wonder if he did a short course? If so, cheers bud, you're the kind of muppet (insert your own expletive here, but my choice was the c word I keep in reserve for the lowest of the low) that gets those of us who go that route and go on to do decent, safe regs compliant work a very very bad name. Is he just a chancer? How long before he kills himself or someone else? How many other acts of butchery has he committed? He must be completely devoid of a moral compass to be out there selling his services as an electrician."

I could go on, but I'd only be repeating what everyone else has said. The guys a joke and that needs sorting before it kills someone.

On the flip side, if someone could get me his customer list I think I could make a nice living tidying up after him ;)
Well said Sparkychick, be careful of any blaspheming,

Twos on a job once, where a bunch of us were sat in a large car, with the female boss unseen in the back. When were joined by a colleague who lent on my drivers door open window, and started a tirade of abuse about a non present colleague. Before my facial expressions could stop him, he finished off with the 'C' word. To which the boss lent forward, and commented on his use of expletives. Poor chap, didn't quite know what to do or say.

She particularly didn't like the 'C' word. :eek:

I'm afraid I acquired a somewhat foul mouth when I was working for a company that had quite a few ex-squadies on staff where the f word was used in all it's versatile forms.

It's not a trait I'm proud of, but there are some things that just push me over the edge and the dark side of my vocabulary just seems to pop out. Lazy bad sparks and bad drivers are the two most popular triggers at the moment :)

To me that one 4 letter word, is the most hated in the English language.
I hear it so often from the scum next door, that it really grates.
Know what you mean about squaddies SC, they can be a bit colourful :)

Reply to Garage electrics help needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net