Discuss Garage electrics help needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Quite possibly Des. When I was looking at it, it seemed more the sort of work a bad apprentice or mate would do.
If he thought he was going to get accolade or approval from us, afraid he was sadly mistaken.
I've got nothing against an apprentice doing a little side job like changing a light fitting or socket etc. But when you get to things like this, leave it to people who are capable.

What always makes me shake my head with Domestic electrics
I have no problem with anyone doing unpaid work in their own home so long as they research what it is they are supposed to do,then make a half decent attempt at getting it right

What does irritate is the clueless not knowing they are clueless
These are the dangerous Muppets,whether its an apprentice,fast tracked spark or the Diy ones who "can do electrics"

Yep I know what you mean, a friends husband is so clueless with electrics it's painful.
Sadly he thinks he's gods gift to the electrical trade. He's so bad that I've had to tell her, call someone else next time he screws up. I'm done with clearing up his mess.

In domestic it's called a Consumer unit or CU not a DB.
Have to disagree there - a consumer unit is a type-tested distribution board so DB is also correct. In fact the term DBO (Distribution Board for use by Ordinary Persons) is now used in harmonised documents. I never use the term CU.

Reply to Garage electrics help needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the forum and am seeking some advice please. I’ve picked up a job that another electrician has abandoned, the job is to...
Replies
Views
Guidance please - C&G L3 electrical installation - Hotel extension project Hi folks, I am fairly new to this forum but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
Howdy, I'm looking for help with my plan to install an extra internal double socket and an external double waterproof socket to my garage. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock