Discuss Garage Sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

soborski2015

Im looking to add 4 new sockets into a garage, there is no live sockets or anything to come off In the garage already so Im looking for something the otherside of the wall to come off of to get my live connection.

I have located a socket indoors which already has two wires already going to it (2N, 2E, 2L) is it okay to spur off this socket still?

It is connected to a 32A circuit breaker, It is not a ring as only has 1 tail going into the circuit breaker. I wont be running anything more than charging car batteries and the odd radio running. which is 500w so around 2 amps at a time.

the size of the cable is 4mm, and is rcd protected.

It confused me that its 4mm and not 2.5 with a 20amp breaker.

it does not look like it will take a 3rd 4mm wire. I could run in a new circuit on a 16A breaker on 2.5?

because we dont have anything worthy running on the radial to trip a 32a breaker, i thought radials were mainly 20a?

ok so an electrician can do this for me? If i run the cables then he can terminate it for me?

Well my CU is located in a cupboard where there is trunking located just outside with earth wire inside it going to somewhere, I was going to run the 2.5 T&E in the trunking then drill a hole into the garage and use conduit/saddles and adapters to go to the sockets.

but you're in essex. what about the 30kW sunbed?

luckily the most my missus uses is the 80w straightners! lol! thats what happens after 15 years haha

I would recommend you get a local spark to come and take a look rather than getting vague ideas off the net!

all terminations are approved by a local electrician! I simply just want to cut cost by doing the simple bits myself.

all terminations are approved by a local electrician! I simply just want to cut cost by doing the simple bits myself.

It would be best for your electrician to go through this with you.

Reply to Garage Sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock