Discuss Get the 17th Edition course for free !!! (Liverpool area) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

john25

-
Reaction score
Basically I had an appointment with a Next Step (Connexions) advisor today Who has booked me a free place on the 17th edition course at a Local college through a Goverment funded scheme called (R2R) I forgotten what R2R stands :p for but basically as long as you're un-employed and need to do the course then ask to speak to a connexions advisor and then mention the (R2R Funding). Anyways just thought i'd mention it.

Might be available in other areas too.

Sorry for DP

But I just Enrolled for the 17th Edition Via the R2R funding and they are also putting us through to do the 2392 and then the 2391 for FREE also (dont need to do the 2392 if you have the Quals/expo) But they said we should Take them while the Funding is still Available So I strongly Advise that anyone unemployed needing the 17th and Testing certs should get in touch with you're Local Jobcentre and ask to Speak to a NEXT STEP advisor.

Just been made redundant last week, after seeing this post I got in touch with Liverpool connextions and they have booked me an appointment with next step - anything i should know about before I go to the appointment? - was only going to get my 17th out of it but if the fundings there for the 2391 I'll happily take it - bout time us people who actually want to work got some help

Hi scott yer I was originally only going to do the 17th but once I went for the College interview they said they were gonna put us down to do the 2392/2391 and the PAT test course

there is nothing I can tell you to say except just mention it to what ever college you're going to if you're in Liverpool then you'll be going to Hugh Baird were I started last week so they will offer you the same

Last edited:
Do you need to be claiming JSA for this to apply. Ive just contacted my local job centre but all there advisors were busy. Would never call the government again if they allowed me to do my 17th and 2391 lol

With most job centres you have to be claiming JSA before they'll even give you the time of day.
In relation to funding it depends which job centre you're claiming from. A lot of guys on here have said they've had this that and the other paid for, but I asked about 5 different people in the job centre down here and they all said they just don't pay for the 17th and that's that.

I had to pay for mine myself on my credit card, but fortunately got a job with it the next week; the 'job search advisors' (or whatever they call themselves) seem to prefer shelling out ÂŁ700 or so every month rather than a lump sum of ÂŁ200 in case you might get a job.

yeah i am in glasgow and i was told the same the jobcentre won t pay for my 17th ed,i have to pay 295 pounds for the course ,makes you wonder where all the taxpayers money goes these days eh

Just a quick bump on this thread for anybody that finds themselves in the same boat, JSA told me time and time again "no" when asked if there was any way I could do the 17th. Went to connextions who basically just past my details on to THE worst college in Liverpool, suprise suprise they never got in touch with me.

I then went to a training center called Golden Laurel and they couldn't of been more helpful once I told them it was the R2R funding i'd heard about, you get 70 odd hours worth of training if you had been made redundant or was under threat of redundancy so I got the 17th the 2392 and the photovoltaic courses - proof that the funding is there, although the R2R funding was due to end when I spoke to them last.

I know times are hard and we are all in the same boat but my experiance with the JSA was not the best, I've always been a hard worker and pay all my taxes but when I needed help and was asking about ways of bettering myself through courses (that were avalible) I was told no on four different occasions.

Just frustrated me as they obviously look to save money on the wrong things, when there is people sending money abroad to familys that have never been in the country and others sitting around with no intentions of getting a job! - ok rant over.

Just thought I'd let you all know a little more about this funding as you seem to be able to get it even if you still have your job but are under threat of redundancy - hurry though because as I say, last I heard the R2R funding was running out

so you got the Photovoltaic course included @ Golden Laurel. @ Hugh Baird they are giving us the 2391 instead (i already did the 17th and im now doing the 2392) But would rather do the Photvoltaic instead.

Reply to Get the 17th Edition course for free !!! (Liverpool area) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net