Discuss Get your fuseboards out for the lads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Joshua

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just a little way to pass the time on Saturday lunch time

Go through your pictures and post the most recent fuseboard picture you've got.

This is mine which I done on Thursday.
I spot 4 snags. Without including that main earth (The Main contractor wouldn't supply earth terminal crimps)

20170706_105203.jpg

Jesus not impressed with that, no grommet strip, oversized green/yellow sleeping, cpcs generally poorly terminated, you want shooting for the earthing conductor connection, ring final conductors not bent over.

Are the meter tails buried in the wall?
I can't tell.
Is the OP saying he did it and then snagging his own work?
I've seen much much worse tho.
Not sure why the earthing conductor is connected like it is as you can get a 16mm in the terminals provided no problem as I've fitted MK sentry dbs before

:eek: there is grommet strip. . It's even being held in place by earth tape.

The main earth isn't your normal 16mm, they changed it halfway through the job but the new one doesn't fit in the terminals. I opened a board up a few weeks ago and the sparks had drilled out the earth terminal to make it fit :confused:

The tails are in trunking Running above the boards.

also everything you see there is supplied by the main contractor. Including the earth sleeving.

There's still 3 more snags in that board that I got written down :oops:

There's 160 flats on this site. . . Here's another example of somebody else's fuseboard, so mine looks good in comparison :p20170211_083017.jpg

:eek: there is grommet strip. . It's even being held in place by earth tape.

The main earth isn't your normal 16mm, they changed it halfway through the job but the new one doesn't fit in the terminals. I opened a board up a few weeks ago and the sparks had drilled out the earth terminal to make it fit :confused:

The tails are in trunking Running above the boards.

also everything you see there is supplied by the main contractor. Including the earth sleeving.

There's still 3 more snags in that board that I got written down :oops:

There's 160 flats on this site. . . Here's another example of somebody else's fuseboard, so mine looks good in comparison :pView attachment 37242
God it's hideous,why is there through crimps on a new install?
Don't show this to westward, I can picture him now with his eicr observations sheet scribbling down the snags :D

God it's hideous,why is there through crimps on a new install?
Don't show this to westward, I can picture him now with his eicr observations sheet scribbling down the snags :D
Not sure why there were crimps, I was scared to dig any further as this plot had apparently been tested and deemed ok. . . :confused:

Ok we've all had a moan about the size of my earth sleeving. . But can someone else post up a pic of their last fuseboard? I feel like a lamb to the slaughter over here on my lonely. Someone join me on the firing line.

think they are just excessive lengths of wire being shoved anywhere

No they are connected?
Someone has tagged on more mcbs, that is why it is up against the side of the board, C2 already. Sorry, cowboy comes to mind how someone is signing off this non compliant shambles is beyond me.

Nice neat job, pity about the earth connection and pity about the main contractors not understanding what is required. Castellated strip is much easier to fit round corners and would save them money compared to the time you spend for smooth grommet strip.
The cupboards are on price so they don't mind.
They even suggested we take downlights home to flex up because they didn't want to pay for pre flexed lights. . Sure enough guys took lights home and "lost" them.

This kinda stuff happens all the time.
I've been working on a site in Manchester were it was suggested that the flats are to be supplied from temps so it can be tested and the certificates handed over!
This is without everything else in place such as protective bonding and the actual sub mains feeding the flats.
I refused and haven't been sent back to the site.
Suits me as I don't want my name associated with it.

Ok we've all had a moan about the size of my earth sleeving. . But can someone else post up a pic of their last fuseboard? I feel like a lamb to the slaughter over here on my lonely. Someone join me on the firing line.
compared to the board in post#5, yours is 10 x better.

It looks fairly neat like you've made a good attempt at dressing the cables, but there are some noticeable bad points which have been highlighted
Thank you, I honestly appreciate constructive criticism.

Now the next board I do will be one step closer to perfection :smilingimp:

Thanks everyone else for their posts.

I still want some of you to post a board up too though :kissingheart:

Reply to Get your fuseboards out for the lads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net