Discuss getting a cable through a conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The supply to the shed was signed off, he left us with two double sockets. Are you saying that anything that is plugged into those socket needs to be signed off? Fine if so, I just want to be clear.
How do you intend to plug the SWA cable into the socket ?

How do you intend to plug the SWA cable into the socket ?
I see your point, a suitable connection box would be needed inside the shed, for a sparks to connect up.

As the conduit is in place and quite large we may also run an HD rubber pond cable through which could then be taken into the shed and be fitted with a plug, then we keep both options open.

The supply to the shed was signed off, he left us with two double sockets. Are you saying that anything that is plugged into those socket needs to be signed off? Fine if so, I just want to be clear.

No sorry, thought you were talking about the supply into the shed.

Yup, and those tend to get filled up with water, sooner or later....

Your posts read as if you have done all this, so why are you asking now....

No it has not all been done which is the reason behind the OP, I agree that chambers can get full of water mind you not so if open at the bottom to allow water to soak away and/or there a gravity drain tube. I've been researching while waiting for the sparks to get in contact and a waterproof connection box in the chamber between the SWA and pump cord seems to be the way to go so I'll wait and see what the electrician says when he looks, meanwhile we need to get on with laying the flagstones over the duct/SWA.

Can you not just fill the box full of that jell that makes it waterproof? Forgot the name of the stuff.

I was thinking something along this lines.
upload_2017-7-17_10-23-5.png

prefer the shark type.no messing with resin.

F**k that at Terminal 4 Heathrow we used a 5 Tonne lorry to pull the armoured through.

If you get enough rats an tiewrap the cable to each rat, then you just put a bit of cheese at the other end of the route then you wont need a lorry... See... brainy me...

quicker to put the rat at the other end and tie cable to a polecat ferret.

Reply to getting a cable through a conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net