Discuss going to sighn up with elecsa soon hopefully.few questions in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi all thanks for coming to view my thread.
as per title i am planning to sighn up with a domestic installer scheme, altho i heard there are going to be some changes with part p soar it on an earlier thread but didnt manage to dig it up, tried to look on there web site if they were anticipating any changes but no luck.
anyway if anyone knows where i can find out or where it would come up please share :>.

also was looking into all the things i need
pli
books
test meter with calab cheet
loads of cups of tea/coffe and buiscuits to bribe the assesor

anything im missing?

thanks in advance guys.

I think the changes to the minimum requirements for Part P registration have been delayed at the moment, but the suggestion was that the NVQ3 would be the minimum qualification rather than C&G 2382.

Things you need:
Some work to show them!! With the correct forms and SoI, SoTR.
A knowledge of the regulations including the applicable building regulations. where to look them up if you do not know them off the top of your head.
BS7671, memorandum of guidance to EAWR, Part P approved document, normally on Site Guide, Guide to Building regs also useful.
For Elecsa a warranty scheme, though you can take out theirs after registration.
Your qualification certificates.
Health and Safety policy.
Customer complaint system and records.

You will get a welcome pack saying what you need at the time.

Good luck.

part p changes have been put back till april 2013 i believe i read this in the courses forum a thread by train for trades, please check tho as iam not 100%. elecsa have been really helpful for me i,d recommend them

Hi,

I did my assessment at the end of Nov and the assessor told me that from Jan 2012 you need an NVQ 3 min but as the other guys have said, I think this has been delayed for now. The assessmnet pack will have all the stuff you need, just copy there stuff on your PC and make a few changes to the wording. Have all the books that Richard Burns has mentioned and make sure your job is 100%. You cant wrong with Elecsa but if your not sure about anything just send em an email or give em a bell, there very helpfull.

Jay

well my assessor will be MR Stephens....thats on feb. 6.......found em (elecsa) allright over the phone......once you have sent em your cash they will send you the relevent pack pretty quick....a tip for you here n all.....do the application over the phone....if you fill the application form in by hand then send it in theres a £20 admin charge...so you can avoid that by doing a phone application and they can take payment over the phone.......

2,000,000...minimum public liability....but you cqan get that between the aplication and the assessment stage....as long as its in place and active by the assessment date......you will need an approved voltage/continuity indicator/tester as they will want to dee you do a safe isolation....get a right one (about £30)...not a cheap crappy thing as they wont accept it......

well my assessor will be MR Stephens....thats on feb. 6.......found em (elecsa) allright over the phone......once you have sent em your cash they will send you the relevent pack pretty quick....a tip for you here n all.....do the application over the phone....if you fill the application form in by hand then send it in theres a £20 admin charge...so you can avoid that by doing a phone application and they can take payment over the phone.......

HI,

I had Mr Stephans, nice guy. Made me feel very relaxed even though I had that sickness and vomiting virus that has been doing the rounds. I just bombarded him with regs and part p stuff and he looked impressesd. Only did one test, Zs on a skt. He did say though that you dont really need the H&S notice if your a sole trader but I had it any way. Good luck with the assessment.

Cheers

Jay

its napit thats perpetuating this nonsense.....you need an NVQ3 cert by jan 2012 and guess what?....they just happen to be trying to sell the unsuspecting a "short NVQ3" under the guise that its a government requirement....appaling....its just like the "PIR qualification" their all trying to sell.....needs to stop does that one.....

its napit thats perpetuating this nonsense.....you need an NVQ3 cert by jan 2012 and guess what?....they just happen to be trying to sell the unsuspecting a "short NVQ3" under the guise that its a government requirement....appaling....its just like the "PIR qualification" their all trying to sell.....needs to stop does that one.....

I dont know who started it but Mr Stephens was the first one to tell me about it. He asked why I had not done the nvq 3 when I was 99% the way there, I have 2391, 2382, 2330 lvl 3. But Im 34, cant get an apprentership at my ripe old age. I could do one online in no less than 12 weeks but theres no point, Im happy with what Ive achieved and plus I cant afford it.

Jay

I dont know who started it but Mr Stephens was the first one to tell me about it. He asked why I had not done the nvq 3 when I was 99% the way there, I have 2391, 2382, 2330 lvl 3. But Im 34, cant get an apprentership at my ripe old age. I could do one online in no less than 12 weeks but theres no point, Im happy with what Ive achieved and plus I cant afford it.

Jay
i just consider it another foot on the ladder so to speak....am at college in castleford on year 2 and doing the apprenticeship at the mo with a guy in garforth....got my 2382 about 2 years ago then the 2392. got offered a place on the 2391 and the 2377 about 8 months ago so went on those and got them n all ...so all in all i dont consider last year a bad year for me....its all mapped out in my mind what i should be doing and where i am going so all things being equal and with a bit of luck thrown in n all......should be ok......

Last edited:
I forgot to add that i dont get owt like what you might consider to be a wage at the mo...lol........its just one of those things.....i get enough to get by...just..lol...the idea n all about going part p registered is to get a bit of cash coming in so can reasonably run a van and be able to get about n all that....just small jobs will suit me for now as if i get anything big (rewires n stuff) i will bring my boss in on it...its only fair really as after all i am his apprentice....

Last edited:
Well if I was 16 again I would of loved to have done it right. But at that age I was more interested in girls and football. Ar to be young again!!!! If I was offered the chance to do the nvq now and still earn the same as i am currently, I would do it but its not practical as I have a son who loves his xbox COD games and a wife that loves spending money, so no way for me, but you never know, I may get divorced in a few years and ill have a bit more money to be able to do it. lol.

Hope you have as good a 2012 as you had a 2011 mate!

Jay

P.S I think we may have gone off the origonal topic, or well!!!! lol

Had mine with Gary Stevens this morning. Really nice guy.

Did an R1+R2, Zs and RCD tests on a socket.

Few questions about bathroom zones, drilling in joists and safe zones etc. Was done in less than 2 hours. Nothing to worry about really, just make sure you have all the paperwork ready.

He told me that the qualifications won't change 'til 2013 if they change at all.

**P.S. He does meter calibrations aswell if you need your meter doing :icon12:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Glennspark,

NAPIT, along with all other comparable trade associations, were issued with the same EAS NVQ3 specification and also, NAPIT have never tried to sell the ‘short NVQ3’ as you’ve stated.

Scheme Rules Unchanged Until 2013

The intended revision to the Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (the EAS), previously announced as applying from 1 January 2012, has been put back until April 2013. This is so that it can take account of the imminent consultation on Part P of the Building Regulations and any subsequent amendment to the Building Regulations which would apply from 2013 onwards. The EAS underpins NAPIT’s electrical scheme covering both Domestic and Non-Domestic electrical installation work and as a result NAPIT will maintain its current entry requirements for the coming year.

You can read more here Electrotechnical Assessment Specification - EAS - IET Electrical

Ant at NAPIT.

Apologies for "high jacking" this thread but are you, Ant Standing actually at Napit??

If you are would you like to explain to all us "legitimate" Part P enroled mugs what you, Elecsa and NICEIC are going to do about doing anything about enfocing Part P???????????????

Reply to going to sighn up with elecsa soon hopefully.few questions in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock