Discuss Good drill and driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

No, unless you get the original invoice with it and pretend to be the person who bought it in the first place.

It's a risk you take with second hand tools that's why they are cheaper. But if they are only a year old there not much that can go wrong, there are places that will fix them.

No, unless you get the original invoice with it and pretend to be the person who bought it in the first place.

It's a risk you take with second hand tools that's why they are cheaper. But if they are only a year old there not much that can go wrong, there are places that will fix them.

I recently treated myself to a Makita DHP 481 and am mighty impressed with my purchase. This is one very, very powerful combi drill indeed! If you splash-out an extra £44.00 you can fit it with a 5.0 ah battery and also acquire a charger. I can't recommend this drill highly enough. It's the best I've ever owned!

Last edited:
I recently treated myself to a Makita DHP 481 and am mighty impressed with my purchase. This is one very, very powerful combi drill indeed! If you splash-out an extra £44.00 you can fit it with a 5.0 ah battery and also acquire a charger. I can't recommend this drill highly enough. It's the best I've ever owned!

I also have this. The handle is bloody enormous. It's got serious torque (125Nm I think), but it's also nowhere near as much RPM as the top end Dewalt 3 speed one, which is seriously quick! I like it a lot too but it's a tad on the heavy side compared to other makes

Other than a lazer level I have no Dewalt battery tools, all my kit is Makita 18v.

I also have this. The handle is bloody enormous. It's got serious torque (125Nm I think), but it's also nowhere near as much RPM as the top end Dewalt 3 speed one, which is seriously quick! I like it a lot too but it's a tad on the heavy side compared to other makes

Other than a lazer level I have no Dewalt battery tools, all my kit is Makita 18v.

With the exceptions of my 36 volt SDS Plus, my 230 volt wall chaser, and my 230 volt diamond core drill, the remainder of my kit is Makita 18 volt, all of which are powered by 5.0ah batteries that last for ages between charges. I've used Makita products for the last 15 years and will continue to do so until I retire.

Which De Walt laser do you use? I'm looking to upgrade from my present laser which is rather basic and often inadequate. I have read good reports about the De Walt range and would definitely consider investing in one should they fare better than the Makita range.

With the exceptions of my 36 volt SDS Plus, my 230 volt wall chaser, and my 230 volt diamond core drill, the remainder of my kit is Makita 18 volt, all of which are powered by 5.0ah batteries that last for ages between charges. I've used Makita products for the last 15 years and will continue to do so until I retire.

Which De Walt laser do you use? I'm looking to upgrade from my present laser which is rather basic and often inadequate. I have read good reports about the De Walt range and would definitely consider investing in one should they fare better than the Makita range.
My Core drill is Makita, you are a traitor:joycat:

I've the DW087k. It's good for what I use it for (mainly domestic/small commercial). Back when I bought it (around 2010) it's what all the shop fitting dry liners had. Time has moved on and things have evolved...if mine needed replaced and I was on a budget I'd get the DW088k but if a little more flush I'd get the green laser version which they all seem to use now, much much brighter...

Dewalt DW088CG Green Cross Line Laser Level Self Levelling – Includes Bracket and Hard Case « Buyaparcel - https://www.buyaparcel.com/p/dewalt-dw088cg-green-cross-line-laser-level-self-levelling-includes-bracket-and-hard-case/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8b_MBRDcARIsAKJE7lkbNcvQO7_ziVCqiqwxs37FxC6LsY4VEKaIftz--eC1CgZ7-CaNW74aAoH4EALw_wcB

My Core drill is Makita, you are a traitor:joycat:

I've the DW087k. It's good for what I use it for (mainly domestic/small commercial). Back when I bought it (around 2010) it's what all the shop fitting dry liners had. Time has moved on and things have evolved...if mine needed replaced and I was on a budget I'd get the DW088k but if a little more flush I'd get the green laser version which they all seem to use now, much much brighter...

Dewalt DW088CG Green Cross Line Laser Level Self Levelling – Includes Bracket and Hard Case « Buyaparcel - https://www.buyaparcel.com/p/dewalt-dw088cg-green-cross-line-laser-level-self-levelling-includes-bracket-and-hard-case/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8b_MBRDcARIsAKJE7lkbNcvQO7_ziVCqiqwxs37FxC6LsY4VEKaIftz--eC1CgZ7-CaNW74aAoH4EALw_wcB

That looks like a very nice piece of kit indeed and I will certainly consider it as a leading contender when I'm ready to make my purchase. I particularly liked the bright green beam. One of the complaints that I have with my present laser is that the red beam is often difficult to see, particularly when used in a bright environment. I also liked the magnetic clamp feature and the ability of the laser to be used in conjunction with a tripod. The laser detector feature is useful too. Thanks for the heads-up.

That looks like a very nice piece of kit indeed and I will certainly consider it as a leading contender when I'm ready to make my purchase. I particularly liked the bright green beam. One of the complaints that I have with my present laser is that the red beam is often difficult to see, particularly when used in a bright environment. I also liked the magnetic clamp feature and the ability of the laser to be used in conjunction with a tripod. The laser detector feature is useful too. Thanks for the heads-up.
What laser do you have atm?
And what are you using it for?

Mine is mainly for kitchens which I do a lot of, and downlights. If ceiling is to be plastered I use a chalk line for downlights instead.

What laser do you have atm?
And what are you using it for?

Mine is mainly for kitchens which I do a lot of, and downlights. If ceiling is to be plastered I use a chalk line for downlights instead.

This heap of s**** is what I'm currently using.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-cubix-self-levelling-laser-level/69712
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-cubix-self-levelling-laser-level/69712
It's used chiefly for aligning rows of back-boxes in kitchens and occasionally for small downlight jobs. But it is inadequate and I need something a bit more powerful and versatile.

I have the 3 line laser, is it DW89k or something like that. Puts 2 lasers on the ceiling. Handy for downlights. The green version is around £100+ more, but only benefits outside or in very bright rooms.
The red is virtually invisible outdoors whereas the green is designed for outdoors.

I have the 3 line laser, is it DW89k or something like that. Puts 2 lasers on the ceiling. Handy for downlights. The green version is around £100+ more, but only benefits outside or in very bright rooms.
The red is virtually invisible outdoors whereas the green is designed for outdoors.
Looks a handy bit of kit that too.

Mine is a tad old now, must have had it 7-8 years. It gets lost on the bigger domestic jobs everything is open plan and rooms stretch to about 15m long and full of downlights. I just use a chalk line before plasterers, as the boarders will have no doubt trapped cables somewhere!

I also have this. The handle is bloody enormous. It's got serious torque (125Nm I think),

The Milwaukee m18cpd tops this at 135Nm and top speed of 2000rpm (same as top the range dewalt That's my top trump card played.

Was using Makita until they stole my whole kit.
Multi tool, sds, combi drill and impact driver
It would have cost me more buying the whole set as i build it up slowly with time

Had no option but buy Erbauer set
They haven't dissapointed me and the good thing no one is interested in nicking or pinching them
Added bonus.

But they ain't a makita or dewalt or Milwaukee
Quality, service are different but does the job.

Was using Makita until they stole my whole kit.
Multi tool, sds, combi drill and impact driver
It would have cost me more buying the whole set as i build it up slowly with time

Had no option but buy Erbauer set
They haven't dissapointed me and the good thing no one is interested in nicking or pinching them
Added bonus.

But they ain't a makita or dewalt or Milwaukee
Quality, service are different but does the job.
I have a couple of erbauer tools also. They are not as good as milwaukee in my eyes but good value for money. Grinder and recip saw have been abused and still going strong

Reply to Good drill and driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net