Discuss Good Luck Mr Damian Skelton (D.Skelton Electrical) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No,not old jag lover (bless him),but old 2 Jags was where the curse was created

Fresh from bopping that guy with the egg facial, he never again found personal common sense to be of any use

Driven by the need to get the dole boys into gainful employment,he had the ultimate brainstorm
" I know"he proclaimed to his spellbound PA,"We can solve the employment,education and social welfare payment crisises with my brainstorm
"I will call it Part P"

"We will stimulate teaching jobs through the newly created businesses that will source my brainstorm"
"The dole lines will reduce because of the magic wand,the one that turns a redundant cow herder into a sparkman in a jiffy

Electricians everywhere will rejoice and wonder at its simplicity he stated

"But master 2 jags" the horrified PA declared,"the electricians are but workers with good heads on their shoulders who sought no conflict and solved the countrys RCD problems

"Get Tony on the phone,now" thundered 2 jags,we may need all his insincere smiles to pass this idea,but pass it must
In ten years we will have no electricians to fear, that tribe shall dwindle, my new race of workers shall be called Domestic installers

Oh 2 jags what ever made you so upset with the sparks in the first place,the punishment you inflicted was indeed fatal

Don't think I mentioned informing on people, I ain't no grass :)

I know it will be an economic opportunity for someone and I'm OK with that, what I'm objecting to is the trade and the public being taken for mugs because that's precisely what's happening right now. One of the other reasons I'm shouting about it is because I've also read thousands of threads on here and other sparks forums whining on about how crap the schemes are, how crap the system is, how crap this is, how crap that is etc etc ad nauseum. I decided I'd give everyone an opportunity to stop whining and do something about it.

If it succeeds then we and the public benefit, if it falls flat on it's arse then everyone will have to stop whining because they had a chance to get behind something and chose to maintain the status quo.

The government don't seem to give a damn about causing unemployment among members of the armed services so why do you think they'll care about some admin staff. Yes people could be put out of work but if the system as it stands at present is allowed to continue then a whole lot more will be unemployed. You and me and a whole lot of others possibly.

Hey trev, sorry wasnt implying you were a grass govenor core blimey strike a bleeding light like sort of thing, I thought you mentioned something about informing on electricians for non notification or non compliance......wow sounds like the matrix. Anyhow sorry if thats not correct.

I think you should look deeper and IMO and with the greatest of respect open your eyes and you'll see that what your talking about is just a microcosm of the whole. In other words just a reflection of society around us throughout the world, a dumbing down and race for the lowest common denominator, at the lowest cost, without a thought for who or what that affects or destroys.

Im under no pressure from under qualified people, or under presure from an in rush of eastern european migrants, nor am I under pressure from terrorists, swine flue or an imediate flood or meteor strike. As such and because I think it so, Im not stressed, and dont consider or make judgements about things influenced through fear....fear is a control mechanism and as such and can be used to manipulate people and their opions and their actions.

I've been around long enough to know exactly what you're talking about mate and trust me, my eyes are open. That doesn't mean that things just have to be accepted, nothing was ever changed by people just quietly accepting the way things are.
I'm also under no pressure from under qualified or eastern europeans or any of the other things. In fact, I often tell people that they could find cheaper than me. Then I tell them that I could be cheaper if I was prepared to cut corners. You'd be amazed at how often that line makes people think about what they're going to get for their money.

Hey its funny cos i say something similar and your right it seems to work.

I agree strongly with alot of what your saying, especially "That doesn't mean that things just have to be accepted, nothing was ever changed by people just quietly accepting the way things are".

We just disagree on the details mostly I think..........nice talking to ya Trev..

This taken from the ELECSA News....

“The competent person scheme was based on our model and we will continue to adapt and evolve our business accordingly to work within the guidelines provided by central government.”

And that's the very reason why the ''Competent Person Scheme'' has never actually been able to work and has little to no hope of ever working!! Business and safety are rarely if ever compatible, especially when it's the qualifying body that's supposedly responsible for policing!! We all know just how well that has worked since it's conception.

You need to get shot of all these Parasitic Scam Providers once and for all!! Start Insisting on a National Register for ALL Electricians, not just for the Part Pee crap side of things!!

Reply to Good Luck Mr Damian Skelton (D.Skelton Electrical) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net