Discuss Good price for calibration. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought I would share some good news :)

It's time for me to get my MFT calibrated so I started ringing around to get the best price as the wholesalers seem to change their prices every year.

Guess who came out on top by a long way......

CEF!

£35 + VAT.

I questioned the price saying it was very good as a thought they had made a mistake and I would just get charged more when I took it in. However, they said they could now charge that price as they deliver the MFT's to the tester themselves rather than paying a courier. I'll be amazed if it's still that cheap next year, but for now if you need your MFT calibrated then try CEF.

I sound like a sales rep :eek:

Whats the time frame on that calibration though? do they do a 24 or 48 hour turnaround... its all good and well being cheap but what do you do without your MFT if its at the testing centre for several days....

I take it in on Friday and get it back on Wednesday.

Denmans were £64 + VAT for a week's turn around.

I don't understand how so many people shop around to send their tester off somewhere, to be thrown around in a van, possibly dropped, and who knows what else, when they can get it done onsite e.g. by Mike OSCS.

To me, saving £10 or £20 is not worth the agro if it came back bust, or was lost in transit, and everyone is blaming someone else.

Mhmm I paid £84 each for two testers at Avon Dynamics :eek: I suppose Mike doesn't come to Bristol.
@Vortigern Ideal for you and I being just along the road in Warmley, I have used them previously, I am waiting on a price from ACS - http://www.acs-calibration.co.uk/ as i have to get the current tester i have borrowed calibrated as its about to run out, ACS will come to you and do it or you can go to them, they are based in Avonmouth so if working out by the docks or severn beach, might be worth a thought.

I usually go to the calibration day at the wholesalers. Both Yesss and Eddys do them. Up north it is around £40 for a MFT. And as per SJDs post I feel hairier knowing no couriers have been involved!!

Happier even!! Using swipe predictive text, it occasionally comes out with some good alternatives to what I actually mean!

I'm just waiting for the member (s) to post about calibration in an uncontrolled environment etc etc :)

I sent mine by courier to Acutest a couple of years back. They required all leads to be sent with the tester. When I got it back leads and crocs were missing as well as probes. Got on to them and got the two fingers. There control systems say they were not in there. Suffice to say I will not be using them again.

Reply to Good price for calibration. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock