Discuss Good supplier for testing kit wanted in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Had some testing kit stolen from van several weeks back, B**stards had literally ripped the side door off to get in whilst parked in B&Q car park. insurance has finally paid out. police done absolutely nothing.
Since then been using borrowed stuff from mates.
Will be spending several hundred upwards for the full range again.
Anybody got any good suppliers out there?
I see on the forum sponsor test-meter do a 5% discount if you contact them.. Can anybody beat that discount and how do i contact them to get 5% off?
Is it on here or on the test-meter website itself?

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your theft. So note to self always park where there is CCTV. So presumably the vehicle damage was pretty extensive. As to equipment, well they say it pays to shop around. Search on google netted me a kewtech 65DL and all the extras for sub £700. As to safe isolation kit, same thing. I tend to buy the best possible without going silly and paying for a name like megger for instance. Although I did buy the Fluke T150 as it had all the duberrys on it with the PD690. Good luck with your shopping!

Sorry to hear of your theft. So note to self always park where there is CCTV. So presumably the vehicle damage was pretty extensive. As to equipment, well they say it pays to shop around. Search on google netted me a kewtech 65DL and all the extras for sub £700. As to safe isolation kit, same thing. I tend to buy the best possible without going silly and paying for a name like megger for instance. Although I did buy the Fluke T150 as it had all the duberrys on it with the PD690. Good luck with your shopping!
Duberrys now there's a word not heard much these days, going down the shops to buy a new vacuum the one with all the duberrys that come with it.

Several tradesman that I know have been hit in the same place
It seems to be members of the nomadic travelling community
they pull up next to you and slide the side door open and away they go
I refuse to use a van any more for just this reason

Test-Meter is one of our approved suppliers for our stuff. Never had a problem with prices and have had excellent customer service.

IIRC Chris is the man to speak to there, if buying a lot of kit no doubt he can do a deal.

IIRC Chris is the man to speak to there, if buying a lot of kit no doubt he can do a deal.
i will be emailing test-meter a shopping list in the next day or two when i have compared prices and specs etc... hopefully they can do me a good deal. i will be going for another kt64dl with the full accessories.. not much between that and that 65 from what i can tell apart from the built in database of test values for instant comparison.

In terms of the thieving good for nothings that attacked my van. they literally peeled the side door down like a can of fish... i managed to get that fixed easily enough by going to a scrap yard and fitting a like for like replacement. I am thinking of welding it shut now. as i rarely used it. van will only last another couple year at most so no major loss.

I have long thought there should be a database of MFT serial numbers so that you can check if its stolen, similar in style to checkmend does for phones, macbooks, tablets etc... likewise if somebody takes a stolen one in to be calibrated then it can be returned to rightful owner.

I have long thought there should be a database of MFT serial numbers so that you can check if its stolen, similar in style to checkmend does for phones, macbooks, tablets etc... likewise if somebody takes a stolen one in to be calibrated then it can be returned to rightful owner.

I have often thought about this and it wouldn't be too difficult to set up a national database.

Owner registers the kit, calibrators check the serial numbers etc when testing and only the owner can certify it as sold, stolen or scrapped.

Handy thing is, after a while it would also give a history of the test kit, a bit like the online MOT checker so if buying a second hand unit you can see the calibration history and you are buying from the rightful owner.

I have often thought about this and it wouldn't be too difficult to set up a national database.

Owner registers the kit, calibrators check the serial numbers etc when testing and only the owner can certify it as sold, stolen or scrapped.

Handy thing is, after a while it would also give a history of the test kit, a bit like the online MOT checker so if buying a second hand unit you can see the calibration history and you are buying from the rightful owner.
It is not too hard to set up as there is the company i mentioned checkmend who would already have the database systems in place. it just takes the likes of kewtech, fluke etc to enter details initially when the item is registered as part of the warranty. you could even rope the schemes into it and when you produce a calibration certificate on your annual visit the niceic for example could check or enter it to see it is valid and not a stolen tester. if found with stolen kit then you obviously loose registration. its about the industry protecting itself.

I have also used Test-Meter for test equipment and calibration. Very good to deal with and good customer service and delivery.
Highly recommended.

Reply to Good supplier for testing kit wanted in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock