Discuss got MCS what next? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HI all,

Well a big thank you to all here basically getting me though my MCS honestly i couldn't have done it without you lot you know who you are.

NAPIT have signed off my NC and sent to MCS on friday, she told me i should have it for tuesday and be on there register.

So what next.

I've finished one job and in the middle of another, so i fill in the FIT application with them and just wait for my MCS number to come though and send off special delivery.

then do i need to reister it with MCS or gemserve?

anything else im missing.

thanks

Grand

You will need to notify the job with the MCS online to generate the customers MCS certificate to send with the FITs pack. Your MCS number is irrelevant.

You will be given login details for the microgeneration website. Gemserve over see's this.

u will get a letterwith password on it!! if i was u! give it till wednesday then ring otherwise its gonna be tight mate!!! oh well at least u achieved it!! now u can light the fire with your certificate:) term bull**** baffles brains:) lol

Please keep me updated with how you get on with mcs.I was passed with no nc on 3 november and still not on mcs register.Napit said it takes 4-6 weeks.

Not my experience. I am registered with x3 technologies with Napit and from a successful assessment it should only take 2 weeks to be up and running on the MCS site. I suggest you chase them, particularly if you have jobs to sign off by the end of this coming week!

So i assume NAPIT have done there bit sending the info off on Friday, MCS only do the registrations on Friday, I take it i should contact MCS then to see if they are behind or are doing them asap, i know it was 4to 6 weeks but then that wasnt a problem, now if you passed on the 3rd then thats doesnt look good for me or you.

Spoke to napit and they still standing by there 4-6 week reg time.They do there paperwork then its all down to mcs to finish.was told my paperwork was emailed over on the day of my assesment.Dont look good.After spending about £8000 all i want now is to sign my own job off and then forget pv and go back to fitting gas boilers.

Napit said it takes 4-6 weeks????????
I passed on the 5th November with the NIC and could start registering jobs on MCS website by the 16th November. Napit must be really slow, i would get on to them first thing in the morning, they should at least try to speed up at this crazy time.

Thanks Steve.I've been told by others napit just dont have staff to cover amount of work they took on.Now just getting really wound up by lack of support given by Napit .As i said before now going back to gas work but so frustrated i cant sign off my own work to re-coup some money back.Will chase again in morning but as people say on here mcs only sign off on fridays so 1 last chance.

get on to them!! dont forget U have PAID them! they want U! u have passed ! now tell them to do there bit! we jump through hoops for them perhaps its there TURN! £8000 SHOCKING!! still 2 boilers will sort that:)

I just passed assessement with NAPIT. CPS scheme is ok. But I didn't register with REAL. I've been told this could take into the new year to come through. Therefore my MCS will not be registered until then.

for some stupid reason i didnt pay REAL and it would have been a NC, but i rang them there and then they took payment and e-mailed my cert within the hour. the cheeky sods had even sent me a letter for a discounted renewal ,lol

SO ill be getting letters fron MCS and gemserv, it the gemserv one important or just information?

OK NAPIT sent my deatils on Friday 2nd,
Ive searched on MCS on find installer and im there, just need this peski MCS number for the FIT application dont care about anything else.

Steve40x - can you search for yourself on the MCS website??

cheers
Grand

Yes i am there, the same day i was put on the MCS website i got my password to register jobs, Have they got your email address right?? Just seems your having so long to wait. All my registration came through by email

Your usename is your napit number which they should issue, should be NAP ???? with 4 numbers and mcs will issue a password to login.
If your on the mcs website you should see your Napit number, if you have this number you might be able to try forgotten password to see if system will send you a new password.

Reply to got MCS what next? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net