Discuss GreenBrook KingShield T205-C Fused Timer Spur Switch 1/5/7 Day problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gem

Hi,

Just moved into my new house and have a GreenBrook KingShield T205-C Fused Timer Spur Switch attached to the immersion and controls the hot water in the house. The immersion doesn't seem to be working either (by the way)

As it doesn't seem to be heating the water when I turn it to the 'permanently on' mode, I did a reset. The screen is just displaying as blank, which I think is because it's charging. I believe it takes up to 17 hours to fully charge? Does anyone know anything about these timers and whether resetting it will sort it out? Thanks in advance, Gem :)

Hi,

Just moved into my new house and have a GreenBrook KingShield T205-C Fused Timer Spur Switch attached to the immersion and controls the hot water in the house. The immersion doesn't seem to be working either (by the way)

As it doesn't seem to be heating the water when I turn it to the 'permanently on' mode, I did a reset. The screen is just displaying as blank, which I think is because it's charging. I believe it takes up to 17 hours to fully charge? Does anyone know anything about these timers and whether resetting it will sort it out? Thanks in advance, Gem :)
Have you checked the fuse in the KingShield unit?

There might be a small button that you have to push with a pen to reset to factory settings.
These units fail over time. The internal capacitor that drops the mains voltage degrades as it ages such that the powersupply to the relay becomes marginal. Also the zeners fail. Can be repaired but potential very dangerous and not recommended.

I've repaired a few. As you say it's normally the dropper cap that fails. Never had a zener fault (yet!). I wouldn't say it was dangerous as long as you use the correctly rated replacement.

I've repaired a few. As you say it's normally the dropper cap that fails. Never had a zener fault (yet!). I wouldn't say it was dangerous as long as you use the correctly rated replacement.

Hello @Moley
Would you please identify which capacitor you found defective and had replaced? Is it C12 or C13? Those are surface mount type!! Correct?
Thanks in advance,
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working away from home until Friday so can't check which it is but it's not a surface mount.

Okay, I forgot to reply to this when I got back home. Oh well, better late than never.
1 - Remove the 4 screws arrowed in pic1
2 - Unclip switch (blue arrows pic 2)
3 - Remove 2 screws (white arrows pic 2)
4 - Pull out board and 474k cap is arrowed in pic 4

green1.jpggreen1.jpggreen2.jpggreen2.jpggreen3.jpggreen1.jpggreen2.jpggreen3.jpg

Hmmm.....why so many copies of each picture?? Well, I'm sure you can all work out which is which :)

I've just bought one of these Greenbrook T205 timers which comes in an IP66 enclosure for outdoor use (pond fountain pump). I wired it up in place of the simple on/off switch I had previously. Messed about with it for a few minutes. Then something happened. No idea what.

But now the stupid thing works in reverse. YES! It's OFF when it should be ON and vice versa. All functions (timer, progs, boost, isolator switch...) work exactly as expected except that the damned thing is now back to front. Utterly ridiculous.

I've just bought one of these Greenbrook T205 timers which comes in an IP66 enclosure for outdoor use (pond fountain pump). I wired it up in place of the simple on/off switch I had previously. Messed about with it for a few minutes. Then something happened. No idea what.

But now the stupid thing works in reverse. YES! It's OFF when it should be ON and vice versa. All functions (timer, progs, boost, isolator switch...) work exactly as expected except that the damned thing is now back to front. Utterly ridiculous.
The timeguard version , fst24 of these are so much better. Had so many greenbrook ones die in just over a year

Interesting. I'm assuming the IP66 enclosure would equally well accommodate the Timeguard version, as it appears to be designed as a standard single spur unit to mount on a recessed or surface-mounted standard box - or in this enclosure.

This Greenbrook appears to have "5 year warranty" written on the box.

Reply to GreenBrook KingShield T205-C Fused Timer Spur Switch 1/5/7 Day problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net