Discuss Guess this bloke never heard of bending the conductors over in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, I remember the stupid rate sheets that we were given.

Remember talking to one of the chippies on site with us, they were given 20 minutes to cut, fit & trim a loft opening including clearing up.

Remember talking to one of the chippies on site with us, they were given 20 minutes to cut, fit & trim a loft opening including clearing up.

Yeah things used to get really complicated when apprentice A was on one third time, Apprentice B was on half time, and the improver was on three quarters time!

yep. these days, apprentice A is crying for his mother, apprentice 2 is texting, and the improver is scratching his arse wondering why his intermediate lighting switchisn't working as it should,because he's fitted a D/P switch.

In the level three C&G book circular terminals do not require the cable or copper to be bent over based on the premise that the copper will naturally settle under the screw...Don't shoot the messenger!

What's this sudden fascination with the time people are on the toilet ? You going strange on us Rpa :p:D
I know! It does sound like it but I was pointing out that people are trying to save seconds here and minutes there when they'll spend the time saved wasting it somewhere else!
No more potty talk ok?

Pffff I could do a loft opening in about 10 seconds just depends on how fast you misplace your footing on a joist in the loft and the time it takes your leg to exit the wood lathe and plaster ceiling.

Pffff I could do a loft opening in about 10 seconds just depends on how fast you misplace your footing on a joist in the loft and the time it takes your leg to exit the wood lathe and plaster ceiling.

Bet you couldn't trim it out and cut / fit the cover in that time though :rolleyes::p:D

Bet you couldn't trim it out and cut / fit the cover in that time though :rolleyes::p:D

No 10 minutes later I made a second opening so gave up tidied up and went home, this was my Mums house when I clearing the loft out, why do old people collect 30 year old rubbish and leave dumped in the loft rotting away grrrrrrr

Worked on a Spec build block of flats, Chippies cutting letter box openings in a hardwood door with a chain saw, who said they weren't wood butchers?
In the level three C&G book circular terminals do not require the cable or copper to be bent over based on the premise that the copper will naturally settle under the screw...Don't shoot the messenger!
Whats a circular terminal?

No 10 minutes later I made a second opening so gave up tidied up and went home, this was my Mums house when I clearing the loft out, why do old people collect 30 year old rubbish and leave dumped in the loft rotting away grrrrrrr

Keeps the kids occupied clearing it out when they're older :D

Reply to Guess this bloke never heard of bending the conductors over in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net