Discuss Guidance Note Books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

How much of the Guidance Note Books have Changes from Red-Yellow (2008-2015) and Green-Yellow (2011-2015)

With every Book needing to be YELLOW is there any CHEAP deals to be made

I brought [h=1]Guidance Note 8: Earthing and Bonding for about £3 because it was Green[/h]Just wonding if could make some nice buys for reading just by getting Green or Red (at a push)

Like Isolation, couldnt of changed that much!

I brought Guidance Note 8: Earthing and Bonding for about £3 because it was Green
Just wonding if could make some nice buys for reading just by getting Green or Red (at a push)
Like Isolation, couldnt of changed that much!
Where can you buy cheap ? I'm after Gn8 as well.
LOL it still green - but I get what you mean - very good idea ! :winkiss:
Has anything changed with regard to earthing & bonding in the 3rd Amd ?

I did wonder with the onsite guild selling stickers to update the pages
I brought a yellow onsite guide and it had a slip of paper with the correct Zs
I the found the chart and printed it on a stick and put it in
And I've got some yellow ink

Right that's it for me for the night I keep double posting

Duane, double post happen to a lot of us (think due to the auto save function?)

If it happens again you can delete your own post via the "edit" button. Then press "go advanced" and you will have the option to delete the post if your within the timescale.

I think i found some information about the changes in Each Book from 2011 (GREEN) to 2015 (YELLOW)

GN8 NONE
GN7
* Cables in bathrooms
* Outdoor lighting
* ELV lighting
* Mobile and transportable units
GN6 NONE
GN5 NONE
GN4
* Wiring in escape routes
* Consumer units (to come into effect January 2016)
* Heating equipment
GN3
* Changes to earth fault loop impedances for all protective devices
* Earth electrode testing
GN2
* isolation of outdoor lighting;
* circuit-breakers used as switches;

* changes to definitions throughout the Regulations.
GN1
* wiring in escape routes;
* consumer units (to come into effect January 2016);
* changes to earth fault loop impedances for all protective devices;
* changes to definitions throughout the Regulations.

So if GN8, 6 and 5 are the same from 2011
GN7 will i think be forever changing
GN4 Covers 2 changes in GN1, GN3 covers 1 change in GN1 and GN2 covers 1 change in GN1
So would it be Logic in thinking you can Keep Green for GN8,6 & 5 and Buy GN4, 3 & 2
And Naff off for GN1

Wonder with the changes is it possible just to make a STICKER to update them 2011 (GREEN) books to 2015. If any one has the Green/Yellow book or can borrow them and see what the difference is, maybe we could type it up and Print out a UPDATE STICK for Correction and Dave can add his Yellow Steak to them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Guidance Note Books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net