Discuss Guides for ground mounted systems? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scott H

Hi All,

Anyone have any guidelines for ground mounted systems - most of what I can find is for flat roofs rather than installations in someones garden.
Trying to find things answers to things like:
  • do I need steel armoured DC cable?
  • earthing of array?
  • DC isolator next to array in housing or inside the house next to inverter? (or both?)
Thanks for help in advance :)

Scott

DC cable in ground. Say from array to inverter a distance away. Yes SWA is good practice. Calculated value to less than 1% VD.

Earthing array. Same old question. See DTI Guide and make your choice dependent on inverter.

DC isolators. BOTH ends. Array & Inverter is my opinion. Also gives you some way of terminating the DC-SWA at the array end.

Also Sibert now do a DC Isolator prewired with MC4's in and out - makes install a bit easier.

(You could question wether it should be so easy to unplug the cable, however most inverters have DC plugs that are readily accesible anyway...)

Last edited:

Reply to Guides for ground mounted systems? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hello there I have just installed a new Solis S6-GR1P3.6K-M-DC Inverter - this replaced a 10 year old+ Sungrow inverter that failed/out of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Currently building an extension to my barn/workshop and before i pour the foundations i want to run some new cables from my ground...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock