Discuss Halers or JCC LED in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking at changing the lighting in my kitchen to downlighters and narrowed it down to either Halers H2 pro or JCC FGLED6, what is people's opinions on either?

its a large kitchen/dinner and will be warm white. Don't need to be dimmable.

Funny coincidence , I actually got some LED7s from Eddies yesterday in Kings Lynn and because they are discontinued , I needed 10 , non dimmable , white and warm white , got them for £17 each +VAT ...

I do like these fittings and customers do too, and with a ten year guarantee too..

I normally pay £21 for LED6s ...

I like the look of the LED6 was pointed in the direction of the Halers by a mate who always recommends them to his customers, he wasn't a fan of the LED6 saying the clips are crap.

To much choice as usual, don't do any domestic work so thought I'd pick you lots brains!

I've had quite a few Halers H2 pro fail over the last few years so am now fitting either the JCC or Robus. The Robus 3 x 3W are very bright. We have them in our kitchen. Non dimming are about £17/18 each. Robus are more fiddly to wire up than the JCC.

I won't touch Halers H2 anymore after having a load of them fail with the addition of appalling customer service.
The first round of failures was with the emergency kits, their eventual soloution was to send out a load of boxed relays to bodge in to the circuit.
I use ecostar eco600 these days.

I have been quite impressed with KSR lights lately, mainly their LED6. Less than £20 inc VAT for a standard non-dimmable and an extra bezel.

Halers all the way, in total I've fitted about 60 with zero return. The pro's have 60 degree light cone, 7 year warranty, lots of bezel choice, fairly shallow in height, ip65, 9w led, dimmable...so they tick a lot of boxes...

Slightly off-topic but still on-topic!!

Which brand/model do you feel have the best wiring terminals, specifically with regards to looping in and out from/to adjacent fittings? Getting sick of using Wago lighting boxes endlessly...

I have seen the Aurora F.Rated complete with LED for a tenner each online. Dimmable is an add on for a couple of quid more. Seems a good price, vat included.

http://www.fastlec.co.uk/lighting/d...campaign=LED+tekmak+campaign&utm_medium=email

Last edited:

Which brand/model do you feel have the best wiring terminals, specifically with regards to looping in and out from/to adjacent fittings? Getting sick of using Wago lighting boxes endlessly...

I have seen the Aurora F.Rated complete with LED for a tenner each online. Dimmable is an add on for a couple of quid more. Seems a good price, vat included.

Lowest Price LED Downlights

If you are looking at GU10, then Ansell iCage have the most generous terminals I have found so far. They are actually designed to accommodate two twin cables where most cheap fittings are designed around a single 0.75 flex.

Lowest Price LED Downlights

JCC with its integrated loop in loop out?

Well rather than narrow it down I've got more options! I was thinking of putting some in my porch before I do the kitchen so might try a couple of JCC LED6 and see what I think before spending out on a large number.

I've used some of these lately.......quite impressed. Have a look at the 'teaser' video. Two flexible 1.0mm OK
http://search.bt.com/result?pr=dp&p=Ansell+orbio

Smart video, not quite what the loop in terminal would be useful for, as you could only get two small cables in there? Most manufacturers seem to advise not installing close to joists (to allow the heat sink to work), unlike this one?

JCC IMO are the easiest to connect.

Reply to Halers or JCC LED in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net