Discuss Has anyone had any experience with lap led floodlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joehat

As above. And what are the thoughts.

I have used them slot and customers think their great, yet I would not use there consumer units.??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry yes

Yes got one in the back of the van for a customer a 20w one. Wired it up to see what the output was like before fitting and it's pretty impressive. I think it cost about £23, so reasonable.

The only criticism would be the Allen key screws they have used on the terminal cover makes it really fiddly and there is not a lot of room inside for the wiring to connect. I would definitely recommend wiring it up before trying to install it anywhere. It would drive you bonkers trying to wire it up in situ when up a ladder.

I meant the slim line type
The quality don't look to good on the other ones, what's your opinion ?

Pre wires too, which saves a lot of time

I think I fitted a slimline 10W LAP one to my garage a few months ago, it might have been another make not quite sure at the moment.
But if it was LAP then it seems to have gone OK, has been working well all the time.
This is one with a separate PIR sensor as it is sometimes useful to be able to change the different parts.

Reply to Has anyone had any experience with lap led floodlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm from Sri Lanka. We have installed LED Floodlights from two different Italian Brands (I can mention the names if wanted) on two different...
Replies
Views
Hi, I replaced an outdoor electrical socket recently with a 2 gang, BG socket which has LED lights to show when it is switched on. Since then I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Can anyone recommend a reliable brand for emergency lighting bulkheads please? I have a job coming up to replace 30 odd units. I have...
Replies
Views
I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock