Discuss have i got correct testing forms in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
the house im working on at moment has had a conversion to attic, i had to change the board for extra ways..

do i use eic for new circuits and eicr for existing circuits or can i put on one eic and comment on what happened , i.e changed board for extra ways

charity case me, but i dont mind this one time.. so an eic for all circuits and few notes on departures about exisiting circuits passed all required testing but cables behind walls and in voids not been checked throughout runs..

You only state the works you have carried out, ie Board change and the circuits on your extra ways and then test the existing circuits, which you enter into the schedule of tests, to ensure your insulation resistance is ok along with the Zs values etc. You are not signing off other peoples works only what you have stated you have carried out.

Just use the "scope of certificate" to describe what you have done and what the EIC covers. From what you outline something along the lines of

"fuseboard change, installation of equipotential bonding to water and gas, new (socket) circuit for loft converversion and new lighting circuit for loft conversion."

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to have i got correct testing forms in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

For example the house today had two lighting T&E in the same MCB. I know it's fine, but as I test both 'radials' where and how do we enter them on...
Replies
Views
happysteve submitted a new resource: Circuit details + test results - extra sheets for EIC/EICR - BS7671 2018 + A2:2022 - Fillable circuit...
Replies
Views
I put some news lights in a bathroom and new extractor fan. Did the tests and filled out form. A couple of days later another electrician came in...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
Opinions on this Crabtree TP 10 way board? Got to test this next week after a quick recce on a clients site yesterday. Although probably...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock